Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Denali Kennels DFW?

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SingleMom56 
#1 ·
Does anyone know anything about Denali Kennels in DFW? Advice? Warnings? Good experiences? Bad experiences? They seem very knowledgeable but their website isn’t up to date. Are epilepsy clearances even a thing? They claim the dam has her epilepsy clearance...

#2 · (Edited)
Can you provide the registered name or number for the sire/dam of the litter you are interested in? Lots of people here to help you review the clearances.
They have lots of dogs listed on their site so will use "Miranda" as an example of what to look for & concerns
https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?f=sr&appnum=1831702 / born 2014
She has insufficient heart clearance... for goldens it should be by cardiologist not practitioner.
way out of date eye clearance / should be done every 12 months and current prior to breeding
No hip/or elbow clearance
only 2 out of 4 grandparents with clearance posted
half sibling with failed hips and because hips/elbows are usually done at the same time the elbows either failed or were not done.

I have no knowledge if Miranda is being bred, this is just an example of what to look for.

Leah is a good example of what clearances to look for with the exception of updated eyes.
But they have too many listed to go through them all.

#4 ·
That isn't what I meant... lots of websites are outdated. Could be this list is not the current breeding dogs at all but dogs they have produced. Lots of pups don't meet the breeding program but doesn't mean they don't have skills in other venues. These guys are very active in obedience and field work. Ask the name of the sire / dam and see what their current program consist of before writing them off..... get more info.

#7 ·
Shoot. They just emailed me back about their upcoming litter with Nina. Is this the one you talked to them about? I have no idea what I'm doing looking at test results, but I do see that tests haven't been done since 2016. Trying to find a puppy has been so hard. Only hearing back from very few of the breeders

#8 ·
I spoke with them about a different litter but they don’t seem up to date at all on any clearances. We also ended up going out to see the dogs before we completely decided not to purchase from them. Our experience was shocking. The house smelled horribly, was nearly out of an episode of hoarders, breeding dogs all kept in crates in the living room. Someone came to pick up their puppy when we were there and the breeder could not produce health paperwork and went inside and came back out pretending that her printer was broken. Convenient. The puppy we were looking at was very skiddish, which also seemed off to us. Perhaps they were a respected and ethical breeder back in the day but I don’t believe they are now. I would advise to stay away just based off of my personal experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.