Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, What a difference a year makes my boy.....

Last Year Mama's heart was soooo broken. Lost, Confused ( Hello Tucker) and soooo overwhelmed. :bowl:

Was not sure how to " feel" about Christmas. I was sad. I Knew you were about to leave us, I knew Tucker needed a new family and TRAINING. It was both the Saddest, most confusing, and happy holiday last year....

This Year:

Tucker: He's so beautiful. He listened to every.single.lesson. you taught him before you left us. He sleeps with me till I fall asleep before hopping off the bed. most nights, Daddy has to " Drag" him.... ;)

He listens to us, ( mostly) except in times of great stress like the sight of a bananna, or a great orange ball ready to launch..... He's so excited.

He Idolizes " DADDY" As much as I love him, feed him, nuture him, and " let him off easy", and care for his every need, when he sees " your DADDY" he drools, cries, and dances JUST LIKE YOU. :(..... I MISS YOU SO MUCH.

I have learned with GREAT CLARITY that letting you go was not wrong, was not mean, was not too soon. Your body sent us the signals we needed, even though your spirit and personality refused to let go.... I learned that the BEST thing I EVER did for you was to set you free. as tough as it was, and as much as I miss you my boy, I KNOW you KNOW... the bond between a Boy and his MOM is unlike anything else, and not everyone truly " understands".

I hope that Christmas for you this year is filled with a HUGE Christmas tree of treats, stuffies, and friends. Your " Earth" stocking is filled with love, memories, and Mommy and Daddy's Hearts. As we Celebrate with YOUR well schooled baby Brother, We will " toast" you on Christmas Morning, and your Urn will be under our Tree..... Right where you belong. I LOVE YOU FRAZIER.... :wave::wavey::heartbeat

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
. Your " Earth" stocking is filled with love, memories, and Mommy and Daddy's Hearts. :heartbeat
Tuckers Mom, I love what you wrote but this part really got to me! I started crying. My crying kinda took me by surprise, I must say. I lost my golden boy Bailey in early January of this year and I remember just hoping he would make it thru Christmas. He did do well the end part of December, but then I had to make that terrible awful decision so many of us has had to made and I lost my golden baby on Jan.7, 2011.
I will definitely have a earth stocking for him filled will love and memories- such a beautiful sentiment.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Frazier will continue to be with you, they never really leave us because they are so deeply embedded in our hearts.

I am sure there will be loads of treats at the bridge for all of our loved ones there

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,555 Posts
Me too, I've got tears reading this. You've always had such an incredible gift with words, this definitely came from the heart.

Thinking of you all this Christmas, it's our first without our big guy too.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Such a beautiful tribute to your beautiful Frazier. I have tears flowing reading it. That is such a beautiful idea to have his urn beneath the tree, so that he can enjoy it. I'm so sorry that you lost Frazier so close to Christmas. These holidays are indeed difficult for so many people. Hugs to you on this Hard bridge day.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Your thread about Frazier's last days was among those I used to visit daily and I know the decision to let him go came hard, made with tremendous love. I hope he finds a way to send you signs this holiday season to let you know that he knows and is still watching over you.

Wishing you joy and peace, with big hugs,
Lucy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts