Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
I wouldn't trust flushing those bags. My father is a plumber and I can't even tell you how many times he has unclogged toilets/ pipes that were plugged with things that said they were flushable/ safe. Especially with the new low flow toilets.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Does anyone else get fly eggs inside their (outdoor) trash cans? I don't remember this starting to be a problem for us until about 2 or 3 years ago. We take our inside trash, in bags, out to the 30 gallon lidded trash cans which are stored in the garage. Garage doors are generally kept closed, but of course open and shut when we come and go. Flies can fly into the garage, but really I rarely even see a fly in there.
So, why are the insides of the trash cans, and tops of the plastic trash bags, covered with fly eggs?
We typically wash the insides of the empty trash cans with detergent and bleach. I sometimes have tried spraying insect killer inside the trash cans, or have sprinkled a fly bait over the filled plastic trash bags after putting them inside the trash cans.
Nothing works.
What can be done to prevent this? (We don't have weekly trash pickup, so wait until both trash cans are full before driving the 2 full trash cans to the dump-maybe every few weeks)

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Ours goes in the woods as well. Keeps the deer from coming close to the house and eating the plants....

41 - 43 of 43 Posts