Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Danny's homecoming day is today (2 years)!

1K views 26 replies 24 participants last post by  3 goldens 
#1 ·
Danny was a foster pup who was 5 months old when he came into our program. He was in congestive heart failure and was not expected to live past 1 year old without surgery. He was such a happy pup, whose tail never stopped wagging.

He settled in and was scheduled for his heart surgery. Everyone who met him, loved him! Including Jasmine and Jasper.

He was such a cutie!

But a weird thing happened. Once his heart was fixed through surgery and he was ready to be adopted, nobody wanted him anymore. We tried and we tried, but all the adoptathons were flops. Finally, after 6 months, I realized that he just needed to stay with us. Once I decided that, I fell head over heels for him. I can't even imagine what life would be like without Danny in it. He has been a fantastic training pal. He has his CGC, he is a Therapy Dog and he has completed 2 levels of agility. And he is just 2 1/2 years old!

I just love his beautiful face.

I am very glad you are home Danny!

See less See more
#27 ·
What a wonderul picker-upper story. He is so handsome and suck a lovely boy and it is clar, he was meant to be with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.