Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I swear our 7 mo. puppy has more stool issues than any dog I know. He was on medication and a bland diet a while ago to help firm his stools, as he was having really messy diarrhea-like poops for no reason. His stool was tested and came back clear and he's healthy and happy otherwise.

Since spring has sprung here in WI, dandelions are everywhere. Colby has taken a liking to eating dandelion heads. He literally wiped our backyard clean of dandelion heads. Everything seems to indicate that dandelion is okay for dogs, but he had a literally liquid, mushy, bright yellow stool earlier, and I wondered if it was yellow due to all the dandelion heads... silly I know but I'm sure you can understand how much we hate trying to "pick up" his poops when this happens 馃槄 He has been pretty normal until about 3 days ago when this all started happening.

Another lovely call to the vet on Monday 馃檮

Registered
My boy JP loves dandelions too and will continue foraging until he runs out or I call him away, whichever comes first. I've never been concerned about it other than always being on the alert for lawns that smell or look like they've been recently sprayed with herbicides. I will allow him to snack alongside the sidewalk during walks if he come across a particular tasty looking lawn, we also have to stop under blackberry trees :). Other than the stool sometimes looking a bit yellowish and rarely a bit soft it doesn't seem to have caused him any harm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts