Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Dallas area vet recommendations

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dallasgirl 
#1 ·
Hi, we are picking up our puppy next week and in search of good vets in the Dallas area. Please comment or message with recommendations, thank you!

#3 ·
Here a list of Vets from AAHA.org

If you have a GR Club in your area, give them a call, they may be able to give you recommendations.

You can ask neighbors and friends that are pet owners what clinic they go to.

I belong to a Neighborhood Social Network site called Nextdoor.
People are always looking for referrals for trades people, licensed contractors, Vet clinics, Medical Drs. etc.

#4 ·
Where in Dallas? VCA has been buying up a lot of veterinarians - we use VCA Katy Trail and have been pretty happy with them. Our vet doesn’t push anything on us and is supportive on decisions we make that might not fit the norm (like spreading out shots, etc.)

Also, I can’t recommend getting pet health insurance enough.

#6 ·
VCA Katy Trail is in your area, near Fitzhugh and 75. Both Max and Lucy are seen there. PM me if you want a referral. Right now for appointments you might have with them, they are asking for you call when you reach the parking lot and they will fetch/return your pet at the car.

Again, we have been pleased with them so far and it’s more of a drive for us than it will be for you.

#7 ·
We’ve used VCA Lakewood for three years now and are happy with them— techs are friendly and the vets will always make time for you. Tried Banfield for a period but it seems they’re very understaffed— it’s hard to get time with the vet, the techs take most appointments in full.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.