Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Dakota out the front door. She spins around three or four times to decide which way she wants to go, through the deckgate into the garden area where she's not supposed to go due to wanting to dig holes into it, through the open deckgate to the huge fenced yard where she is supposed to go, or through the deckgate that leads into the rest of my property which is not fully fenced yet since the house fire when they had to tear my fencing down, but allows her to go to the back to see if her sister is out in her yard.

She stops, lifts the latch to the gate that leads out to the rest of the property and her sister, then stops and looks back at the door and at me standing looking at her through the glass house door. She stops, sits and grins at me, her behind wiggling with excitement she can't contain. I shake my head no and she stands up and walks toward her front yard, sneaking looks back at me. I walk away, knowing the minute I'm not in the doorway she'll be through that forbidden gate and heading back to her sister in a heartbeat.

Yup, she's through it before I get five steps out of her sight. What she doesn't know is I just go to the diningroom window and watch her. She has the same pattern everyday, check on her sister, jump in the kiddie pool, roll around, then go do her business and come back up on the deck as if she was never gone. Should her sister be out, then they'll visit along the fence until I call her. Just like a kid, she forgets to watch the time and be home before she thinks I'll notice she left. Silly dog!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Love hearing about Dakota and her antics. She keeps you hopping for sure and seems to be so full of herself. Love that in some of our dogs! I can visualize her watching to see when you leave, then doing what she wanted to in the first place! What a character she is. Haaa

Your stories are so well written, I can easily picture this. Have a wonderful day and hope the weekend weather is a good one for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts