Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
Awwww...Jester is only 3 and his is pinking up already. It didn't even turn all back to black over the summer this time. When he was a pup it was so jet black that I thought it would never pink up.

·
Faux Wanda
1,528 Posts
Does anyone know why that happens? I have been told so many different stories.
It is from drinking out of a plastic bowl
It is from drinking out of a stainless bowl
It is from drinking out of a dirty bowl
My brother lives up north with 3 goldens and their noses have changed seasonally from the time they were pups. (pink in the summer and black in the winter I think) I had a golden die at 13 and she still had a black nose. My Abbie is 11 and her nose is still black (well maybe grey, black)
I would be interested to know if anyone knows why they change color.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daisy's food dishes have always been stainless steel so I don't think the plastic holds any water ... parden the pun :) And if that's the case, I don't think it's the stainless either, since if that were the case, her nose would have turned years ago I would think. I think it has something to do with pigment strength and aging. I'm also noticing that the skin on the inside of her mouth is losing pigment too.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Out of curiosity, what color are the toenails of the dogs whose noses are turning color? Mostly Black or white?

·
Griff's a Muffin Thief!
3,165 Posts
I've been tempted to use a sharpie marker on Griff! hehe! Naw... just kidding.

Back when I had Silkys I was told by a breeder that kelp would help darken the pigment around the eyes.

So I just recently bought some kelp which I sprinkle on Griff's food (just a teaspoon a day) - he's not wild about it but eats his food anyway. The pigment around Griff's eyes is brown rather than black and so I figured it wouldn't hurt - I'll see if it changes anything withi his nose. I'll let you know if I see any improvement.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
snownose. We had a thread about it. I'll try and dig it up when I get home.

Some goldens change color with temp.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Yep - Daisy just might like kelp! If it comes in leaves, you could throw them in the lake and let her help herself.
I think copper's nose is pink. Sad to say, I don't really know. I guess I'll have to go look and see. I'll check his "gotcha" day pics too.

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Black nose or pink nose or somewhere in between - she's still stunningly georgeous.

9 years old in January. Wow - I thought that Duke and Daizy Duukee were the same age. Course, what's 4 months?

Give her nose - whatever color - a big smooch for me & Duk.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Daisy

I'm sure Daisy is still a knockout.

Give her nose a BIG KISS!!

·
groobie peese n da lobe
10,181 Posts
dis is da buddy

da daisy...da daisy....da pinkie is da gerl kuler n den da bwak is da boi kular. yoo hab da pinkie noze n den da buddy hab da bwak noze bout dis. den wee kan gow da riber n fwimmie.
ip yoo reelie wunda bwak noze den i kan gib yoo da mi magik markir. dis wil halp yoo.

i lobe yoo

dis is da buddy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts