Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the list of proposed members dated 1/15/12 to join the GRCA are the mother and sisters Cynthia and Jenne Black of Cynazar Goldens.
If you are a GRCA member have any concerns with this please contact the GRCA board with those concerns ASAP.

Here is a link to the GRCA board members contact info

Golden Retriever Club of America - The GRCA Club

Reactions: eeneymeanymineymo

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Thank you for bringing this to the fore...

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the GRCA do any fact checking prior to letting a breeder become a member?

This is it. They post the names of prospective members and then ask

" If you have any reason why you feel any of
these individuals should not be admitted into GRCA membership, please
contact a Board member and outline your concerns."

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
Nice work, Hank.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many responses does the GRCA need to make a decision on their membership?

There is no set amount. But I am sure the more members that voice a concern the more serious they take those concerns.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
They've been busy in 2011 getting clearances and linking offa & pedigrees on their website. However, they're only listing their "excellents" on their site--can't imagine the entire breeding stock is excellent especially when you check offa. Great that clearances are starting to be accomplished, but the website seems to be misleading.

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
I have been a Board Member for a National Breed Club (not the GRCA though, a different breed) and when we received concerns from members about an applicant it was taken very seriously.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
I am not a breeder and I deeply respect the concerns of those who are, especially with respect to this breeder. But isn't this what everyone has pushed them to do? To get the clearances, register them (yes, I know you want them ALL, not just the excellent ones), and adhere to the GRCA code of ethics? What if you have actually succeeded in teaching something important? How do they come in from the cold, if that is possible?

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
The problem is after someone is in.....who makes sure everyone keeps up the clearances?

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I am not a breeder and I deeply respect the concerns of those who are, especially with respect to this breeder. But isn't this what everyone has pushed them to do? To get the clearances, register them (yes, I know you want them ALL, not just the excellent ones), and adhere to the GRCA code of ethics? What if you have actually succeeded in teaching something important? How do they come in from the cold, if that is possible?

It is very hard, not impossible, but very hard for a tiger to change it's stripes. If you look at the bottom of their "Excellent" page two of the dogs are "expected"? to be OFA Excellent. The pedigree links are for "test" breeding done this past August. Guess they are using their crystal balls.
They come in from the cold by proving themselves. Join local clubs, get "involved" in the breed (not just breeders) and be advocates for the future of the "breed" not Cynazar.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Its a beginning and that is indeed a good thing.
However I cant help but wonder if they only listened to the parts they liked.... If what they 'learned' here was simply get clearnaces and write a check to breed club...so as to add more sound bites to the "marketing plan".

For me...get CCA's on these dogs...(its better then nothing if one is not going to show in conformation) and earn some titles on these dogs...get them out in public...get some basic Rally titles-something that says someone took some time working with these dogs -they didn't just stay on the property....
And how about a commitment to sell to puppybuyers directly instead of feeding the petstore machine.

If you have a long, long history of playing free and loose with the breed and fiercely defending poor breeding practices ...I don't think it is an unreasonable response for others to be suspicious.....

Especially when if you google "White Goldens" and up pops a site that is advertising that they have plans for 2012 pups...

Or google "Cynazar" and "white goldens" and up comes an ad on "NextDayPets" (a broker site). 'Cause, well, ya' just never know when a person might need a dog the very "Next-Day".

Or on another broker site breedersclub.net - where they brag about white goldens and correct conformation....but don't bother to have their dogs conformation validated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts