Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this cute live web cam feed of Shiba Inu pups (I know I know.. GR forums).

http://cdn1.ustream.tv/swf/4/viewer.45.swf?cid=317016

Anyways, I've been doing tons of reading for the last few months. Now that I'm just about graduated and working - looks like I could soon pull the trigger and get my first GR pup within a few months. I can't wait, and I love the great wealth of information I've learned from here. Thanks guys!

See you guys around on the forums!

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
For some reason, my computer won't let me watch that video.

I think there's a shiba inu across the street. Not sure, but what a terror that dog is. A couple of times she's come into my yard and attacked my golden. Well, my dog (Daisy) just doesn't put up with that. The 2nd time, Daisy had this little thing pinned to the ground by her neck. It was really something to see ... I suppose she could have killed the dog then and there but she didn't. She just held her, she was quiet, very deliberate. And when she let go, the little sh*t went running home, crying all the way.

But it scared me. The dog is an escape artist and it truly does not have a clue what's good for her. Makes me nervous! Always looking out for that dog.

Happy to hear you're going with a golden !! :)

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Oh that is SO CUTE!!!!!! I want one! lol

Jo, I'm pretty sure Shiba's grow up to be bigger than Goldens. So guessing by you calling it a "little thing" its probably another breed from the Spitz family :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I think Shiba Inu's are more of a "medium" dog, smaller than Golden's when full grown.

Though Akita Inu's -- which look very similar - as adults are just larger than Goldens.

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Yeah, that's really cool. My DH checks in on the pups several times in the evening. CNN did a short segment about the site on Monday night....Anderson Cooper, I think.

~Jackie

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Ah, you're right. My friend has an Akita mix who's like a horse LOL thats what I was thinking of.

Shiba's are a little smaller than Goldens.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Well then, I don't think it's a shiba inu because it's what I would consider a small dog. Standing beside Daisy, it maybe reaches the underside of her belly. I'm told it's some kind of ancient chinese fighting breed, which totally fits with the behavior I've seen. She's attacked several animals in the neighborhood and if she gets to Daisy again, I'm afraid Daisy might kill her. Though I've heard through the grapevine the dog could "take care of Daisy." :mad:

And when I say I look out for her, I don't mean like I'm taking care of her. I mean I'm always careful to make sure she's not around when Daisy's outside. I totally don't like that dog.

Any ideas what it could be? It's all white and furry with a curled up tail, pointed ears. And very very MEAN.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Hmmm.... there's not many dogs with a curled up tail like that, that are pure white....

Could be a white Pomeranian? lol

Samoyed's are bigger.

Maltese are white...

I'd have to see a picture haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts