Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M LOOKING TO HAVE A TOY BOX MADE WITH MY DOG'S NAME CARVED IN TO IT...I STARTED READING THAT OTHER THREAD ABOUT XMAS GIFTS FOR YOUR GOLDEN AND IT REMINDED ME...HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND ONE. I DIDN'T WANT TO HIJACK THE OTHER THREAD BUT I AM SOOO EXCITED TO SHOP FOR TRAPPER! SANTA'S GONNA BE GOOD TO HIM! :--big_grin:

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Chester & Murphy's toybox is plastic and shaped like a bone. I got it online from Petsmart. Can't say I have seen wooden ones just for dogs but I did see some cute kid toyboxes at a craft fair that was in the area a few weeks ago. Maybe look for small children toy chest if you can't find one just for dogs.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, thank you. That looks nice. Don't see any kind of price chart. The bone shape sure is cute, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The best thing about a toy box for your dog is that they learn it is where their stuff is. Since we got one - it's just a little bin I picked up at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Bogey hasn't even thought about chewing on anything that didn't come from his box. It's also fun to teach them to "PICK UP!" We are still working on it, but you can teach them to put their toys away, which is mighty handy. Although it doesn't really save me any time, I have to point to the toy, say PICK UP and then he puts it away - it would take me the same amount of time to do it myself, but it's a cute trick and is fun to practice on a rainy day.

Good luck finding one! I agree that etsy is the best place to find cute stuff, but it's not cheap!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny you should mention that, I'd been wondering if i could teach him to put his toys away. I do have one of those sterilite bins right now, thought it might be fun to have something else. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts