Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now offer custom flags with your pet's picture on them! :) I've attached a couple of photos for you to see what they look like. House Flags are 28" x 40" at $40 + shipping and Garden Flags are 12" x 18" at $20 + shipping.

All flags are a durable & weather resistant.

All pictures must be original -- not edited or cropped. Email me (or post here) if you'd like more information. :wave:

http://DogMomDogDesigns.bravehost.com

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just LOVE the flags!!! They are durable & weather resistant.

Here's the photo requirements:

Details for sending photos:
  • Original (paper) picture can be mailed to me - 4" wide x 6" long (Portrait style) or larger, but not bigger than an 8" x 10". I can't use a picture that has been cropped, edited, scanned, or enlarged.. Any time you do something to the original image, it changes the quality of the picture. If the picture is going the wrong direction (horizontal), the entire image will not be on your flag.
  • Digital pictures can be emailed to me. Your picture must have been taken with the following quality of camera: Garden Flags - minimum of a 2.0 megapixel; House Flags - minimum of a 3.2 megapixel. Make sure your camera is set to "large" size & "high" resolution.
  • All pictures must be the original picture (not cropped or edited).
  • All photos will be returned.
  • If the image is too large to send in an email, you can mail it to me on a CD or a jump/flash drive (it will be returned to you).
Things to Consider:
Your photo determines the quality of the finished flag. The crisper the photo the better your flag will look. Consider background as well as subject matter.

Professional Photographs:
Professional studio photos are copyrighted. You need to provide a written consent from the studio prior to me making your flag with a professional studio photo.

Timeframe:
Please allow up to two to three weeks for your custom photo flag order once I receive your picture. If you need your flag expedited for that special occasion (that last minute present), just let me know and we will try to accommodate you. Once work has begun on your flag, your order cannot be canceled.

Right now, the turnaround time has been about 7-10 days. Thanks for emailing & I hope to see your photos!! :)

·
Old Guy
3,243 Posts
You know, I'm all for someone making an honest living... I respect that. I've been on a lot of forums and almost every one of them has rules against just allowing solicitors to 'hawk' their wares on the open forum to its members. There are good reasons for this but it doesn't matter here because this administrator evidently doesn't seem to mind or he would have already shut you down... what a great guy, huh? I love the custom flags you offer but they can be bought anywhere over the Internet and in fact a woman just 12 miles down the road from me has been selling custom flags for at least 10-years now. However, I just might be enticed to purchase a flag from you if I knew a small portion of the proceeds would go toward the support of this website or Golden rescue or into Joe's pocket (he's the guy that put all the sweat and hardware/software into making this forum possible, and I know that's not cheap!)... after all, you are using his website to advertise from, doesn't he deserve to make an honest living as well? So, what da ya say?

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'd be happy to share my profits if/when I ever make a profit. :) I planned on contributing to Golden Rescue as soon as I can (I'm way into debt with the start-up of my company).

My prices are lower than anywhere on the internet. I hand-make every single item with love & care, by a pet lover, for other pet lovers. I don't do anything except pets, because that's my passion in life. I just quit my job in upper management (Corporate America) to stay home with my dogs.

Companies sell these exact same items that I make for twice what I charge, but I'm trying to provide a good quality product for a fair price for people that also love their pets. I've seen the same mouse pads I sell for $6 as high as $15 on other sites. My tshirts are only $14. These flags sell for $60-$80 for a super-size flag elsewhere. And, other companies don't provide all the customization that I provide for your photos.

I've invested a lot of my own money into commercial presses, expensive printers, computer software, and all the other equipment that is needed to run my company. The most important to me to provide something that people love. :)

Recently, I took 16-year old polaroids that were extremely faded & had pen marks on them, and I spent about 35 hours airbrushing each individual dog hair to turn those photos into a framing-quality 8" x 10". The customer was so happy that he cried. That's what makes me happy & why I do this.

It's not unusual for me to spend 5-6 hours on a photo for a t-shirt that I sell for $14, to change the background, to airbrush, and to create a beautiful design so that my customers are happy with the final product. Most places on the internet take your photo as is, no changes, and will just slap it on a mug or a t-shirt or a mouse pad & charge much, much more than what I charge. And, that's what some people want. But, if you want something totally custom, knowing that I'll spend as much time on your photos as I would for my own dogs, that's the service I provide.

I absolutely LOVE what I do. I just provide a service, like the administrator of this forum, for people that love their pets. :wavey:

·
DogMom DogDesigns
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also doing memorial flags now too. I can send a photo to anyone that is interested. The memorial flags are 12.5" x 18" & have your pet's name, picture, and dates. They really are a wonderful & beautiful tribute to your pets that are waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts