Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any descendants of Mary Cummings (Stillwater, NJ) line still breeding? We've had 4 Goldens from that line and would love to find another one.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
Can you supply a k9data link to your dogs? There are many Cummings breeders, probably on the tail of associating oneself with Charlie's success. It'd be easier to track down with a k9data link

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
If you'd put your dog's pedigree on k9data.com it would be an easier task to find related dogs. It's super easy- just find the registration paperwork and fill in the blanks! Many people have Charlie behind their current dogs, he was a very popular stud dog.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you'd put your dog's pedigree on k9data.com it would be an easier task to find related dogs. It's super easy- just find the registration paperwork and fill in the blanks! Many people have Charlie behind their current dogs, he was a very popular stud dog.
I just happed to see this. Sorry for replying so late. My mom Mary Cummings passed away in 2014. I was lucky and my sister had a male from my mom. She bred her dog and I was lucky to have one of her pups. My Gracie is now 6.5 years young and is spayed.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Although my mom bred Charlie and he was the founding stud of Gold Rush Goldens his owner Anne Johnson was his owner and subsequently bred Charlie.
When mom passed in 2014 she left a huge hole in our lives and in the Golden Retriever world. I still have a male descended from her breeding (his dad was 100%Cummings Golden). He is currently 6-1/2 and while intact I have not bred him. I haven’t found a female who would embody the standards mom held so dear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Although my mom bred Charlie and he was the founding stud of Gold Rush Goldens his owner Anne Johnson was his owner and subsequently bred Charlie.
When mom passed in 2014 she left a huge hole in our lives and in the Golden Retriever world. I still have a male descended from her breeding (his dad was 100%Cummings Golden). He is currently 6-1/2 and while intact I have not bred him. I haven’t found a female who would embody the standards mom held so dear.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
Pedigree: Cummings Luck of the Draw is the only dog on k9data attributed to your ownership- what is the 6.5 YO dog's pedigree link?
Pedigree: Cvitkovic Agens Beauty Boy Redford is approx right age, but HAS been bred, and has no clearances whatever, fwiw.
Putting that out there is a better way to make the pedigree a known available stud dog, if that is truly your interest. If you need help, just pm me the pedigree and I will input it for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pedigree: Cummings Luck of the Draw is the only dog on k9data attributed to your ownership- what is the 6.5 YO dog's pedigree link?
Pedigree: Cvitkovic Agens Beauty Boy Redford is approx right age, but HAS been bred, and has no clearances whatever, fwiw.
Putting that out there is a better way to make the pedigree a known available stud dog, if that is truly your interest. If you need help, just pm me the pedigree and I will input it for you.
Yes, Lucky was the sire of my current dog Midas. When I have some time I will update the canine data, I just haven’t had time. I have both sides five generations but just have not had time. Currently, Midas has a touch too large of a white spot on his chest and he tends to carry his tail higher than desired by breed standard since I have not even thought about breeding him. It’s sad because my mom bred dogs that were not only breed standard but that had impeccable temperment.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
Just do it girl! Sire's already on there except for his stud book date (# inside parenthesis after reg#)
and probably the dam is, as well.
It's the easiest way to put him out there. IF he has all clearances, I would also suggest you list him on goldenretrievercentral.org

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Just do it girl! Sire's already on there except for his stud book date (# inside parenthesis after reg#)
and probably the dam is, as well.
It's the easiest way to put him out there. IF he has all clearances, I would also suggest you list him on goldenretrievercentral.org
I'd love to be on that site. I know I still have a lot to learn but I need to start somewhere!

Reactions: Prism Goldens
1 - 11 of 11 Posts