Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone elses Golden cries when they greet people. I'm assuming it's a cry of joy because every time I come in the house she cries and every time someone comes into the house she cries when they are petting her and the same thing outside. It actually mostly happens with women. My husband gets it once in awhile but not all the time. I'm assuming she is just extra excited and happy. I wonder if she will always do this....it's kind of cute but people find it a bit weird and think they might be hurting her....

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I have one cryer and one roo-er:)...Sadie the cryer can sound distraught at times when greeting us, but its just her quirk. And she's 6.

·
Mom to Fyodor & Gibson
1,303 Posts
Gibby does sort of a mix of cry and roo, always with a toy in his mouth. Every night with DH and when I come back from any outing more than 2 or 3 hours. And with all visitors to the house. Very rarely when greeting someone outside at the park/walks or in stores or other public places. I don't mind it at all (it's cute to me actually) and would much rather have him let out his excitement in wiggles and cries of joy than by jumping on people.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Flora cries and groans when she meets people, and she can get REALLY loud. At first I was annoyed/embarrassed by it, but now I just accept it as one of her quirks. One lady who met her said something really sweet that I remember every time I hear Flora cry. She said, "Ohh, she's singing!' So now I think Flora is singing to me and everyone else when she cries and groans. :p:

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Rookie cries when visitors come to my house. He cries and moans and wags his tail so hard he looks like he's going to break in half. I think it's very sweet.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Our 2nd family golden Tara was a cryer/'roo-er' when she greeted people with a shoe in her mouth! I thought it was super cute! Molson doesn't do that now, he just goes NUTS wagging his tail at 400mph!

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Bailey does this and I love it! While she is doing it, she weaves in and out of your legs and licks your hands and face to death. I need to get video of it. It is so cute and it's like she hasn't seen you for days.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Harley does it, and I love it! I tell people he's talking to them, telling them how much he missed them or is happy to meet them depending on the circumstances.

I find it to be very endearing.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have two roo-ers and two wigglers...who both need to hold a toy when they first see ANYONE, otherwise they walk in circles until they find something to hold.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Maggie (6) is so funny. She meets us at the door, then runs off to find something (shirt, sock, toy, etc) and then whines like we've been gone for years. Once we give her a proper hello, she settles down.

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Angie cries and roos depending on the mood and situation. It ranges from higher pitched to low moans, I swear she sounds like she's trying to talk. It's the cutest thing. She'll do the weaving thing too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts