Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I know Sharon, and I think what she was saying is she doesn't forward the copies of the physical actual clearances (ie the certificates received from OFA) to people. Certainly the clearances are in the OFA database but the physical copies (ie the documents only the dog owner has) are what she's referring to only providing to people getting puppies. I think that's reasonable.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
They aren't on OFA- hips/elbows only. And that may not even be true because reg names aren't shared either. I'm not doubting her, just stating she is hurting herself by not being more open as to who is being bred. And by not following CoE by listing hearts and eyes on OFA.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
They aren't on OFA- hips/elbows only. And that may not even be true because reg names aren't shared either. I'm not doubting her, just stating she is hurting herself by not being more open as to who is being bred. And by not following CoE by listing hearts and eyes on OFA.
I'm not sure, I just read her comment as meaning the hard copies of the clearances.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I'm not sure, I just read her comment as meaning the hard copies of the clearances.

But if the clearances have been done, the hip and elbow clearance is available on the OFA website. There is no reason a buyer would need a hard copy. All she has to do is provide the registered name of the dam and sire. And eyes and heart may NOT be on the OFA site, because she does need to send them in, but they SHOULD be sent in as per the Code of Ethics. Again, it just strengthens her credibility to provide all this information transparently.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
But if the clearances have been done, the hip and elbow clearance is available on the OFA website. There is no reason a buyer would need a hard copy. All she has to do is provide the registered name of the dam and sire. And eyes and heart may NOT be on the OFA site, because she does need to send them in, but they SHOULD be sent in as per the Code of Ethics. Again, it just strengthens her credibility to provide all this information transparently.

I am 100% sure that Sharon provides registered names of the parents of the puppies to prospective puppy buyers. I agree it simplifies the process though when everything is up to date in OFA though!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts