Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Christmas, Ron & I hosted the family Christmas Dinner. Not only did the day turn out like National Lampoon Christmas Vacation :doh::doh: but the 3 goldens and shitzu got involved in the shenanigans as well!

Because of the number of people, we did dinner "buffet style" with 2 large tables in the middle of the kitchen holding all the dinner goodies. Everyone was seated in the dining room enjoying their dinners when I heard "THUMP" and not a good "THUMP" :doh:. I turned around & saw Razz with the turkey in his mouth exiting the kitchen and the 3 other dogs closely behind chasing the bird.

Fortunately, only Ron & I could see what had happened & I RAN toward the commotion. I rescued the turkey before any of the dogs even got a good taste. The turkey looked just fine ;);) so back on the serving tray it went :doh::doh:

When I returned to the dining room, family members asked me what was going on & I told a little white lie - a Christmas decoration had fallen & the dogs were tearing it apart ;););) They bought it! Razz maintains that he was just catching the escaping turkey for us ;)

Family members went back for seconds and many comments about how good the turkey was! :doh::doh: My brother (who is NOT a dog lover & would throw up if he knew what had really happened) even asked if he could take some turkey home with him ;);)

If they only knew..... but that's our secret! ;););)

Now what are your crazy Christmas stories?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
LOL so hysterical!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts