Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tank&Stitch
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a week ago I picked up two tiny kittens. They're super sweet until it's time to feed them. They run erratically hissing, biting, and scratching. All hard enough to draw blood. I've never seen anything like it. Here's a picture of the crazy little kitties. Oh and they're looking for their forever home :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Very cute. Thank you for rescuing them.
How often are you feeding them?
At that age, I would expect 4 feedings a day of wet, with a constant source of dry available. If you are feeding less often, they may be starving when you are feeding them.
You can put them in another room (bathroom?) while you are fixing the meals.
Young kittens and babies go from okay to starving in under 60 seconds. It get better when they realize they just have to wait a minute.

I just took in a cat three weeks ago. So friendly that I though it was a pregnant young mom. Nope, a 6-7 year old emaciated, neutered male (the large belly was from starvation). I started out feeding small amounts every 2 hours for 2 days. Then increased the amount and pushed the times back slowly until he is on 3 feedings a day (my other cats are fed twice a day). At his age, I doubt we will be finding him a home... And he is a sweetie.

·
Tank&Stitch
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cute. Thank you for rescuing them.
How often are you feeding them?
At that age, I would expect 4 feedings a day of wet, with a constant source of dry available. If you are feeding less often, they may be starving when you are feeding them.
You can put them in another room (bathroom?) while you are fixing the meals.
Young kittens and babies go from okay to starving in under 60 seconds. It get better when they realize they just have to wait a minute.

I just took in a cat three weeks ago. So friendly that I though it was a pregnant young mom. Nope, a 6-7 year old emaciated, neutered male (the large belly was from starvation). I started out feeding small amounts every 2 hours for 2 days. Then increased the amount and pushed the times back slowly until he is on 3 feedings a day (my other cats are fed twice a day). At his age, I doubt we will be finding him a home... And he is a sweetie.
They've been getting two can of wet food 3 times a day. They normally don't finish their meals though. I can definitely start feeding them 4 times a day if that's what they need.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
My 2 guys are like little velociraptors during feeding time! It think it is that they are so excited! Mine make lots of strange noises, run around, try to climb my jeans. Luckily they don't hiss or bite. My guys are 3yrs old!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts