Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

Chewy has the 42" Brown EliteField 3-door soft crate on sale for $42.99. I have their 36" crate from them that I really like, but Kaizer is too long to lay down comfortably and too tall to stand comfortably (he's somewhere between 24-25" tall and 75-77 pounds). Had to size up. The other colors are twice the price, so the Brown is a good deal! Even if it is a little ugly. https://www.chewy.com/elitefield-3-door-folding-soft-dog/dp/212271

·
Puddles
3,409 Posts
If you FB there is a marketplace that should be for your area. There is a wire crate in my area for $20 so you never know what you might find. I found them (36") at Tractor Supply for $60. Check Craigslist for your area too. I have a soft side crate like you describe and it fits in my little car behind the seat but would never use it with a puppy. They will chew right through it. But congrats ahead of time for the decision to give Kiser a bubba or sis.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you FB there is a marketplace that should be for your area. There is a wire crate in my area for $20 so you never know what you might find. I found them (36") at Tractor Supply for $60. Check Craigslist for your area too. I have a soft side crate like you describe and it fits in my little car behind the seat but would never use it with a puppy. They will chew right through it. But congrats ahead of time for the decision to give Kiser a bubba or sis.
This soft crate is for Kaizer! I have 36" soft crates for him but they aren't quite long enough for him to comfortably lay down - it was a tight fit. It wasn't a big enough deal for me to go out and buy a bigger crate, but $43 for a 42" soft crate was a good deal.

I have looked at FB Marketplace a couple times. Not many people are selling soft crates and they're usually not the size I want. Wire crates are easier to find for sure! I got a 36" wire crate for $35 on Black Friday (for the puppy).

·
Puddles
3,409 Posts
This soft crate is for Kaizer! I have 36" soft crates for him but they aren't quite long enough for him to comfortably lay down - it was a tight fit. It wasn't a big enough deal for me to go out and buy a bigger crate, but $43 for a 42" soft crate was a good deal.

I have looked at FB Marketplace a couple times. Not many people are selling soft crates and they're usually not the size I want. Wire crates are easier to find for sure! I got a 36" wire crate for $35 on Black Friday (for the puppy).
I like the 42" for Sips too, she is more comfortable. Check out "offer up". These things don't weigh much so shipping (sometimes paid by seller) won't cost much. I'll let you know if I see anything.

·
Registered
650 Posts
My female golden HATES her 36” kennel. We’ve graduated finally at 17 months to sleeping outside it but she’s not quite there yet to roam free while we are gone. I don’t honestly even think I’ll ever be able to take down the 42” because she goes in to sleep during the day with door open. I have a 24” and the dreaded 36” I will try and convince the upcoming female puppy are hers. 😂

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My female golden HATES her 36” kennel. We’ve graduated finally at 17 months to sleeping outside it but she’s not quite there yet to roam free while we are gone. I don’t honestly even think I’ll ever be able to take down the 42” because she goes in to sleep during the day with door open. I have a 24” and the dreaded 36” I will try and convince the upcoming female puppy are hers. 😂
I don't really crate Kaizer around the house much anymore. He does like sleeping in them though so I have a couple around the house for him to use.

Congrats on the puppy though! That's very exciting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts