Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband's cousin's family dog is missing near Watson MO. the I 29 exit.
I'll post his photo, his name is Rocky.
I don't know the specifics of how he became lost but in these temps I am so afraid for poor Rocky. If anyone knows anyone near this area please repost this photo to them. It's also close to Hamburg Iowa.

Attachments

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
Here is some iinfo you can pass along to you cousin. It's site you can contact/look for your dog when lost.

www.dogdetective.com/

www..fidofinder.com/

www.lostandfound.com/

www.FindToto.com

www.lostandpound.com

www.lostapet.org/

www.lostpetnet.com/beta/index.php

www.lostpetsos.org/

www.Missingpets.com

www.petfinder.com/classifieds/classifiedhop.html

www.pets911.com/index.php

www.Fetch-my-pet.com

www.k9amberalert.com/

www.craigslist.com in the pets’ section no one looks in the lost section.

What to do if a dog goes missingPlease print this and keep it somewhere safe-it's important to follow these steps as soon as a dog goes missing, and everybody (myself included) goes into freakout mode when a dog runs off-good to just have a list sitting there when you need it. Here's hoping we never have to use it again, but I think that's pretty wishful thinking:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tell the RCs first-we'll broadcast the news nationwide to IMPS administration, and alert Petie, who monitors the IMPS hotline, that a call might be coming in about the dogPost flyers immediately-include a picture of the dog, a written description, the word REWARD (no amount, but offer a reward), where the dog was lost and when, contact info (all phone numbers you can think of, including mine and
Paula's and Deedra’s, and the IMPS toll-free number, 1-877-MINPIN-1). I have a flyer template and I can complete it and email/fax whatever it to the foster home so we don't have to duplicate that effort.Call the local police department and find out what happens when a dog is found in the community (Do the police pick it up, or another agency? Where does the dog go from there? What's the phone number of the place the dog would be taken (shelter, animal control holding, vet office etc.)? One missing pin was picked up by the police department, who called the vet that issued his rabies tag to get the contact info. We had a hell of a time tracking down where the dog actually was, and got the "no, we got no minpin here" line several times before we found out that they actually DID HAVE HIM, so be persistent!Call animal control if there is one in the communityCall vet offices within 10 miles of where the dog was lostCall
shelters within 10 miles of where the dog was lostCanvass the neighborhood, especially checking with children, mailmen, UPS drivers etc. You can also ask kids not just if they’ve seen the dog but to help look for him. Children LOVE helping adults out of a jam they've gotten themselves into (for a change), especially if it involves a dog and a reward!If the dog isn't found within 24 hours, we will put a "lost dog" ad in the appropriate newspaper, and contact other rescues to ask them to keep their radar up about any found minpin.Obviously, it's VERY important that the dog be wearing his IMPS tag and all his other tags AT ALL TIMES. A lightweight collar should be on the dog always, with tags attached, and a separate (martingale/slip/greyhound) collar used for walkies, so if the collar attached to the lead slips off he still has his ID info. It might also be a good idea, What to do if a dog goes missing
(continued)now that I actually think of it, for foster homes to have a tag or two made that has your phone numbers on it-this could be slapped on fosters as they come in, so that anybody finding the dog would have the direct contact information. If you pick up or transport a dog with no IMPS tag for some reason, write the tag number that the dog will have on a piece of sturdy tape, with waterproof marker, and wrap it around the collar until you get the real tag. If you don’t have IMPS tags please ask an RC and we will get a few to you.

Also, she sent me this:

We use her to help us find IMPS dogs. She is WONDERFUL. sounds hoaxy but works - kinda a dog psycic

Annette Betcher

360-871-4774

www.annettebetcher.com

[email protected]

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
That info was sent to me by a rescue. I'm so sorry he went missing!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Debles

Debles

I am so sorry to hear this. This is awful.
I will email Maggie's Mom on here they are in St. Louis MO and a friend I have in Iowa.

The sites Kathy posted above are imprt. for your cousin to post on!!

DEBLES: who should they contact and how if they find this sweetie?

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This dog has been FOUND!!!!!! I don't have any details yet.. she posted she was found on FB. I'll let you know when I know more. Thank you so much for all your help!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is what she posted just now on FB! What a miracle. It is has been 30 below windchill here!
"It has been TWO weeks, total shock today when the phone rang and nice people from Watson, MO said they found her. Their son was out scooping snow near a nearby lake, and he saw her-remembered the picture from a flyer we had posted in a Rock Port gas station-and called his dad to come get her. I'm sure the reward we offered was motivating, as he ... See Morechased her around the lake and up a hill, offering deer jerky to coax her near. She's thin, but clean, and happy to be home. I had pretty much given up."

I am so happy for their kids and the poor dog!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Wonderful news!! Nothing wrong with being motivated by a reward, atleast the dog was found and returned and ok!! :)

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Deb

Deb

This is just wonderful news!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
MIRACULOUS Deb. Prayers answered. A good lesson in never giving up.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is wonderful news. Prayers were answered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts