Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
goldens that have shorter hair than most? my golden doesn't have very long hair...at all. she is a little over a year, i just wanted to see other short haird goldens, thanks!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
My golden Bama is a shorter haired golden. I call him my wash and go golden. This is about the only picture that I could find that shows the shorter hair.

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Carmella had shorter fur. She was beautiful.

I think in general "field" goldens have shorter fur, are lighter boned, and have longer legs than "conformation" goldens, which have the thick, showy fur.

Bad pictures, but they're the only ones I have on my computer.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I tried to find a good side-view of Dillon and am having trouble.. but here's one you can kind of see.. Dillon (redhead) has very short hair.. not too much feathering on his butt area either..

Sam, on the other hand... is a hairy beast. All the whiteish hair under his belly is just long fur.. his actual belly stops where the hair changes color, lots of butt feathers and underbelly hair on this guy.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Our Francine has shorter hair at the moment, but she won't always... it's just her age, slowness to mature, and the hot climate here. She is one and her coat is rapidly coming in.

·
old but new
711 Posts
SHARLIN...... I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THAT PHOTO OF "SNOW" THAT I ABOUT PISSED MYSELF!! LMAO!!!:D I use to live in Arizona...so I know what ya mean!! I am in Delaware now...and still no snow! As close as I am to NY and PA...you would think we would get some snow....but NOPE! :D That was funny!!

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Not to worry. As you can see from my signature below, Ike doesn't have a very long coat yet. He's not yet 2 in the pic below, but he's maintained this length of coat since 14 months old. It is thickening all over but not getting very long, other than his tail, I keep trimming his tail. My Sam's coat became longer and fuller as he aged. At age 10, he was a hairy beast and I kept him trimmed. By the time he passed, his coat had started to thin, but that may have been his underlying illness.

Carol, Bama looks like he's sporting a Poodle cut on his front paws! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts