Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jinger, my almost four year old Golden, has a small (maybe the size of a baby pea) whitish, maybe a little oval shaped, lump on her belly. It's in the middle of her belly, where I would imagine the umbilical would have been. She's had it a little while, but I can't say when I first noticed it. My husband doesn't think it's anything to worry about.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I guess it is possible it could be that. Can you push it back into the belly? Is it squishy or hard? I would go to the vet and get it checked out if you don't already have an appointment.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jingers Mom

Sorry I would have no idea-but I'm bumping up for replies!

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,680 Posts
I think what you're referring to is her belly button. Shouldn't be of any concern unless it looks inflamed or infected.

If you do have concerns, I would recommend you consulting with your Vet.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I would just ask your vet next time you are in for an exam. Doesn't sound like anything that would require you to make an appointment now, just next time she's due.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replys I really appreciate it. I never thought of a belly button. It's not hard or squishy. I guess when she goes to the vet for her physical later this month I'll have him check it. It could have been there since I've had her, but I never noticed it until a few weeks ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts