Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sadly lost my boy, Cosmo, 2 months ago but before he passed he helped foster some kittens - Rarity and Applejack (anyone get the reference?). All my foster kittens loved Cosmo and Cosmo was slightly annoyed by all the foster kittens :LOL:. He only spent a week with her before he passed, but for some reason he was drawn to Rarity - a sickly ball of thin fluff much too small for her age.

Rarity has ear polyp surgery the DAY Cosmo passed and from that day we felt she was his reincarnation: kinda dumb, floofy, loves treats, kinda independent, not well coordinated...but like him she can’t see well for some reason (he had one eye removed due to glaucoma and the other had poor vision), and most ironically, she was put on prednisone after her ear surgery, which made her ravenous. Well, Cosmo has spent years on pred because of cancer and was pretty much OCD about food - like almost pica levels.

So here we were with a tiny Cosmo we needed to nurture (and keep our dinner away from).

This was right at the start of quarantine. What a terrible time to loose your golden, but what a miracle that we got to take care of our new feline Cosmo. It helped get our minds off of our grief.

This week I applied to adopt Rarity Cosmo George. She continues with medical issues and we felt it made sense to take her and pay for the costs instead of the rescue.

I have NEVER kept a foster animal - in 12 years of working for an animal rescue. So it’s kinda a big deal. Cosmo’s love of life and food, and complete acceptance of his one ear and one eye is perfectly represented in this little lady.

Say hi to Rarity.

PS: we are going to match her with a buddy, but he will need to be very gentle because she doesn’t have her full hearing a balance is poor. We’re considering a CH kitten...

D9E60574-8FDB-4C08-B08B-46EB75EF78D9.jpeg EFA59DEF-AA67-448B-9675-07B771BBD76F.jpeg CF664ADA-F255-444C-90F7-377E58DC45CB.jpeg 70A0E7F4-2635-4050-9952-60BDBDF6D952.jpeg

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Rarity is very sweet. I’m glad you are adopting her. I’m sorry about Cosmo. I know he was a sweet boy and so very loved.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,777 Posts
Rarity is precious, enjoyed reading about her and Cosmo.
She sounds very special just like Cosmo, really sorry for your loss of him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts