Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Golden friends!

I need your opinion on a vacuum. I already have a big upright dyson animal (DC58 I think... It is purple). I'm looking for one for the car and steps in particular. I'm trying to choose between the V6 trigger and the V6 animal (basically a detachable handheld like the trigger attached to a long stick vac). Is there a use for the stick vac knowing I have a big vac too. As you know there is hair EVERYWHERE :) anyone have an experience with either and/or have other recommendations on cordless vacs to deal with Golden hair??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have both. I bought the cordless animal a few months ago and the big (not upright) animal 2years ago. I love the cordless for a quick whip round everyday and get the big one out for a thorough clean once a week. Also great for cobwebs!! I love it in the car, no cord, do the car where ever you want. Gets all the dog hair out.

·
INSTAGRAM: golden_lilyy_
269 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a dyson V8 rather than the V6 as the battery life is twice as long at 40mins rather than 20mins. pretty costly investment where i'm from, but i heard dysons last!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do love my big upright! They are both dyson that I'm looking at and both are sold in most big box stores!! I started out looking at the handheld then wondered if the cordless animal would be useful since it's kind of a two in one! The one concern I did have with either is battery life so it is interesting to know about the v8!! Thanks everyone!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,869 Posts
Most retailers carry Dysons, if you do a Google search for the particular model you want, a list of Retailers with their prices for it will come up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually want to know which vacuum ya'll recommend. I want to be able to vacuum floors and carpet. I had purchased a lightweight Bissell but it gets clogged up with my golden's hair. Really need a vacuum that won't get clogged up and that will work on floor and carpet. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I actually want to know which vacuum ya'll recommend. I want to be able to vacuum floors and carpet. I had purchased a lightweight Bissell but it gets clogged up with my golden's hair. Really need a vacuum that won't get clogged up and that will work on floor and carpet. Any suggestions? Thanks!
A little pricier (and only good for one level of the house at a time), I love the irobot. I have an 800 series. It's programmed to run every day while I'm at work and does great on my area rugs and hard wood floors.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Our Electrolux finally died, so we recently got the Dyson V8. We have mostly hardwood floors, so the floor attachment is a great feature. It also does a great job on our area rugs. The first day we had it, I almost filled an entire trash can with animal fur that our other vacuum was leaving behind!

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,869 Posts
I've had a Bissell Pet Hair eraser for many years, it's at least 10 years old now and still works as good as it did the day I bought it I have wood flooring throughout my house, tile in the bathrooms, with a few large area rugs. I vacuum my furniture off weekly.

Thing I really like about Bissell besides their products being great, a portion of the sales of their products goes to the Bissell Foundation. Cathy Bissell heads the Foundation, the Bissell Foundation has done some really great things to help shelter dogs get adopted. The Foundation recently paid all the adoption fees of Shelters in Michigan I think it was to "empty" the shelters. They've also funded spay/neuter clinics in several states.

I patronize companies and businesses that give back in some way.

·
Dog Lover
42,034 Posts
Not complaining, just want to add.

In Woodridge, IL, we had almost all carpeting, very light beige. I NEVER noticed the dog fur as much, sort of blended in! In our new home in Loudon, TN, we have chocolate brown handscraped floors and the dog fur is NON STOP. I could almost vacuum everyday and still see huge wisps of hair! We just bought a Shark (Ruby) Upright vacuum and it's pretty good.

·
INSTAGRAM: golden_lilyy_
269 Posts
Just wanted to update, I got my Dyson v8, 3 days ago and it's amazing. Used it on my bed cause lily sleeps with me and boy oh boy was there a lot of dust and fur!!! Pretty amazing and I highly recommend it! I got the Dyson v8 Motörhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! I'll be looking into those. Here's the pic of Lucho, we used this picture to announce the gender of our baby. Our baby is 3 months next week but Lucho doesn't really pay much attention to him, maybe when our son gets older and actually play together then they'll do some bonding.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I have had a Roomba for years. It doesn't do steps or inside a car, of course, but what a joy to have it do all the rest! Mine runs nearly every day. Dog hair does have to be removed from the center front wheel and other places, but I can now do that in a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We have no th the Dyson V8 cordless, and a Dyson upright. After 4 years we just got another Golden pup, I am in the process of making him comfortable with the vac's as he doesn't seem to like the noise. It doesn't bother the two Cavaliers who also live in the house. I love the V8 as it is convenient and does a good job on the hardwood floors in removing never ending dog hair. Area rugs seem to get cleaner with the upright, but it's not as easy to "grab and vac"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just wanted to update, I got my Dyson v8, 3 days ago and it's amazing. Used it on my bed cause lily sleeps with me and boy oh boy was there a lot of dust and fur!!! Pretty amazing and I highly recommend it! I got the Dyson v8 Motörhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just ordered the V8 Absolute. Looking forward to seeing how well it'll work at our house. My car especially needs this cuz they get hair everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
regspeir
63 Posts
got the Dyson V7 Car and Boat - GREAT for the car and spot cleanup. Used AMEX points but likely wouldn't have purchased it other wise 'cause, while it is wonderful, it is E X P E N S I V E !

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the absolute downstairs, got it about 3 weeks ago, and the older stick (pre-V6) upstairs, and an animal (older, and my first dyson). Yes... I am a sucker for vacuums. HAHA...

By far, the best is the Absolute. I have hardwood, carpet and tile... I use it instead of the upright animal. LOVE it! Just be careful how you hold it... you can get a blister on the inside of your thumb if you aren't careful!!

I actually did a live chat with Dyson, and they beat any price I could find, including Costco, and threw in just about every attachment and a bag. Way better than any of today's sales!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts