Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm part of a few FB groups and this breeder is constantly recommended. Mostly because they do dog sports and conformation showing with their Goldens. I have not seen any information on here about them, good or bad, with few exceptions in much older threads. I'm slowly (quickly) becoming a Golden snob and for better or for worse, I want to understand why this breeder is constantly recommended over all the great breeders in NC, so I can also recommend them to people or so I can help guide people in the right direction if they're less than what they seem.

From what I do see, is a LOT of dogs on K9 Database, not all with conformation titles. From what I checked, breeding dogs were properly tested with a few scattered failed elbows. I didn't do too much extensive research, as I was hoping you guys would know more.

Thank you!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Personal experience, no. However, as an admin for a well-known Golden Retriever pedigree database, they are not someone I would recommend.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I have never looked into this breeder, however, I know of a couple people who have dogs from her and they all seem thrilled. These people compete with their dogs, so not solely pet homes either.

I just looked at her website, I don't love some of the things on there. She sends puppies home after 7 weeks, suggests puppies get neutered at 6 months, allows people to pay using paypal, and requires NuVet for her health guarantee. I haven't looked at her individual dogs though. Blazen, do you mind if I ask why you wouldn't recommend her?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts