Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
These anniversary dates are so hard--hugs to you.

I thought about you this morning while watching the morning news. The local ASPCA had an appaloosa (sp) gelding on the adoption segment and the horse whinnied and was very talkative to the anchor during the segment. I immediately thought of Cotton and of all of your recent losses.:(
A talkative Appaloosa. What a gem. I hope he finds a great home.:) Not too many horses are talkative and as bonded to a person as Cotton was. the paddock is in the front of the house and he would even whinny when I opened the back door.:)
I hope to find another one and an App is on my list of preferred breeds.
I miss Copper so much, but today was a little easier. I don't know why I had such a melt down this week. It was as if it had all just happened.:(

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
You were so happy through all your trials and we had a great life together. Whoever had you before sure missed out on a special soul.:smooch::smooch::smooch::smooch::smooch:
Copper was meant to be with you, it's very clear. He was meant to be yours. That will never change :heartbeat

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Copper was meant to be with you, it's very clear. He was meant to be yours. That will never change :heartbeat
So, so true. I doubt many other people would have thought some of his antics were as funny as I did, but it never aggravated me when he did his bad boy things. I was mostly amazed that he could open doors, turn on the water in the tub, peel chain link:) and so many other things. I think he would have been a great dog for someone who really trained them for hunting or something.

Of course he was a great dog for a lazy cuss who just laughed at his antics and only chastised on the few occasions when another animal was his target (early on - labs, later on CHICKENS).

When I first got him I had to leash him to me on a 14' leash when we went trail riding. He pretty quickly learned to stay with us (mostly) and the rides got easier. Cotton was pretty tolerant of a leash being wrapped around his legs:) and later a deer being "drove" right by him.

My boys and I had such good times and good times will come again with new loves. It sure is hurting to have lost those two though.:(

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
{{Hugs}} Milestone dates are so hard.

Sunday would have been Maxine's 14th birthday...she was supposed to be there.

Thinking of you, hope you have a nice holiday keep the happy memories.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I want to send my deepest sympathy. We just brought Brewer to the bridge and my heart goes out to you. The exact same thing happened - he scarfed down his favorite meal only to have his body betray him. Cooper was lucky to have such a caring family to keep him safe and loved - he's waiting for you.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Teresa

Teresa

I know Copper and Cotton are playing at the Rainbow Bridge with Snobear & Smooch.

221 - 231 of 231 Posts