Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of my new golden. His name is Cooper, he's 11 months old. I got him from my local shelter. Apprently someone gave him up because he was "way too hyper" I think the person just confued a lovey dog with hyper. He is totally sweet, and loving. He has only been in my home for 3 days and i am 100% in love with him.

On a walk today he tried to defend me from a stray dog. Up until then i had never heard him bark...and he flipped out trying to defend me... i was so moved. Anyway here is the pic. i have more then there all sideways lol :doh:

Attachments

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Cooper

I am so HAPPY FOR YOU AND COOPER!!

He is gorgeous!

I know you both will be very Happy!!!!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Cooper is Beautiful! :smooch: I am so happy he has found you, and now has a forever home.:) Congratulations to both of you!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
What a good looking boy. He is such a lovely blonde.
My shelter dog "Copper" also likes that chest rub - better than anything.
sounds like you two were made for each other.
It is amazing what "trash" some people will throw away.:)

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Congratulations to you both!

I'm now working on re-conditioning my six year old Golden when it comes to "strange" dogs and his new reaction.

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It really amazes me how someone can give up such an amazing dog. He loves everyone and everything. Thats why it made me feel so loved when he got angry at that other dog today. He has never barked at another dog, he normally loves other dogs. I think hes scared of being left again. He climbs all over me for awhile when i get home, then relaxes with me on the couch.

He needs some training, his old owner didnt do much with him, but hes really smart. So we will be learning together.

EDIT: Added some new pics

Attachments

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
He's quite the looker - from his lovely butt feathers to that cute face.

You two will have a lot of fun learning together. It sounds like you two are a really good fit.

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just hope he starts to eat better, hes pretty thin. He has had a rough life thus far. But hes got lotsa food now! :)

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
He is beautiful, I am so happy for you both. He certainly landed in the lap of love.

Thank you for adopting!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
hi and welcome! he is so handsome! Bless you for rescuing him, you are so lucky to have each other!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
He might still be a little excited about his new life to pay attention to his food.
Hopefully he will settle in and just sit back and enjoy the good life now.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is just adorable. Thank you for rescuing Cooper from the shelter, I am sure that he is so happy to be in his furever home. Congratulations on your new buddy and I know you will have many many happy years together.

·
Cedar's Mom
851 Posts
He looks delightful - and must be smart to have found you! May this be the beginning of a long, long, love affair between the 2 of you!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts