Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

Lately Cooper has been getting the Jimmy Legs at night when he's sleeping. He is fully asleep but his legs just start kicking.

Is this normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Yes! I've seen countless dogs do this. I think they are chasing something in a dream. Bogey's throat will sometimes move - like a chicken gobbling.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Bama does that too and makes all kinds of whiney noises and soft roos.

·
2,472 Posts
the Pudden does it, too. She kicks me in the back at night when she sleeps next to me. She also yips and whoops like a hyena.

I'd give real money to know what she actually dreams about..:)

·
Registered
5,649 Posts

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I would give quite a bit to know what goes on in there. I imagine ancestral wolf dreams: hunts on the high plains, wooly mammoths, coursing herds of caribou through glacial snow. I'm just going off the drama of the sounds he makes.

I also imagine, since Comet seems to do it in his post-hike naps, that he is re-running the whole walk, this time imagining chasing down game and moving like lightning through trails, across streams, almost flying with no need to care where the feet go.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I would give quite a bit to know what goes on in there. I imagine ancestral wolf dreams: hunts on the high plains, wooly mammoths, coursing herds of caribou through glacial snow.

Ahhhh, what was the movie with John Hurt?, where he spent time in the water tank and had ancestral neanderthal dreams of hunts, etc.....you reminded me of it and now I want to see it again:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts