Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Cool Coat for Sydney today while at an agility trial. I've seen it before but wasn't sure about it - until I saw half of the dogs at the trial wearing one in the super hot/humid weather.

Of course she looked at me like she hated me when I put it on her - but she didn't pant as much during a walk so I'm thinking she'll learn to love it.

Wondering if anyone else has one?

I got this kind: MustLuvDogs – K9 Cool Coats - Cool Vests for K9's

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Tayla has a different one and its wonderful. Its a light weight mesh material.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I was just looking at something similar, Ruffwears dog swamp cooler vest, and thinking about getting one for Kenzie.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Yup we have one. She did not mind it at all.
We used it for Tia's heat intolerance especially in the car.
The fact that she didn't pant as much when we put it on was also proof that it worked for us.
You can also put them in the freezer before hand on super hot days.
I would NOT leave it on an unsupervised dog though as it could dry out quickly.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Have been looking at them for my 2, have got to the point of measuring them up just need to pick the colour, although with the weather we are getting here in the uk we may not need them:(

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The UK and here in France, where I am, is about the same. I am thinking of getting one of these for Grit rather than something for hot weather. What hot weather??

Luxury Towelling Rug Dog Coat / bathrobe

I already have them for the cockers and soft coated wheatens (now all at the Rainbow Bridge) but they are too small for him. I really need one for Grit. He is always wet after playing in the river and or rain!
They saved my life with the other dogs as they came in the house, had their paws and heads/ears rubbed dry and then on with the coats.
The only trouble is the price. I know they are worth it in the end, so maybe for this winter I will fork out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts