Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering getting a cooling bed or two for the dogs. Then it occurred to me that they seem to do well hanging out on the hardwood floors. It was pretty hot here for the past week (by Bay Area standards) and there was a lot of panting going on so I got worried. But they always have a hardwood or linoleum floor to lie on, and I usually have a fan on that they can lie in front of if they wish.

Do you all feel the cooling beds are necessary? I'm starting to think they'll be fine with what they have.

·
Kristen; Buddy's Human
524 Posts

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I have both the coolbed III and a raised bed. Bought them for my old arthritic boy Clyde. Calvin (4) loves the coolbed III, Skyler (1) loves the raised bed. My poor old boy Clyde, loves the tile or wood floors:doh:

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
They make a big difference. I got one for Tucker back when and wish I had purchased one much sooner. Fiona is loving it now and sacked out on it at the moment. She has plenty of choices of where to lay but chooses it, even with the A/C going. Nasty here with the heat and humidity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts