Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just examining my Windows 10 PC after a GRF session, and noticed a few GRF cookies were not cleared, and had to be cleared manually. The popup that used to say all cookies cleared does not appear any more?

I think I had to delete 2 or 3 after each session..+ 2 LSO's that needed manual deletion (via a cookie manager)

TIA

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a followup.
I do not see more LSO's being put on my PC, of late, but I will continue to monitor after each visit. The same issue remains though; all cookies are not cleared for me on a logout here. I hope to automate cookie removal soon, with a simple DIY script.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local shared object

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search "Sol file" and ".sol file" redirect here. For mathematical data format, see Sol (format).
For other uses, see .sol.
A local shared object (LSO), commonly called a Flash cookie (due to its similarity with an HTTP cookie), is a piece of data that websites which use Adobe Flash may store on a user's computer. Local shared objects have been used by all versions of Flash Player (developed by Macromedia, which was later acquired by Adobe Systems) since version 6.[1]
Flash cookies, which can be stored or retrieved whenever a user accesses a page containing a Flash application, are a form of local storage. Similar to that of cookies, they can be used to store user preferences, save data from Flash games, or to track users' Internet activity.[2] LSOs have been criticised as a breach of browser security, but there are now browser settings and addons to limit the duration of their storage.
Contents

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very odd behavior.

At about the same time that I made the post above, an LSO appeared, and was thus deleted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts