Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cache arrived with the hopes of helping to heal a couple of aching hearts. Hubby was missing his border collie, Buddy who crossed the Rainbow Bridge a few years ago, the ache in my heart still fresh and so new, after losing my boy Charlie 5 months ago - big job for such a small boy.

20180519_113854.jpg

He came not so that we might forget those who have gone before, but to make remembering easier, and he has done just that!
He has filled our hearts with such joy, our home with 'sunshine', the kind of sunshine that comes from that border collie spunk and joy of life.

P1030939.JPG

P1040002.JPG

20180529_104450.jpg

20180530_111035.jpg

20180607_111454.jpg

20180614_163324.jpg

20180614_164550.jpg

20180614_164735.jpg

We begin a new journey, blessed with the joy, the wonder and awe of giving a loving home to a loving pup, one who, without a doubt will help to heal our hearts, will in time show us who he is, as we keep our promise to him, to help him become all he can be.

We look forward to the journey to destinations unknown, it is the journey that matters most of all!

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
What a beautiful post. I'm sure Buddy and Charlie are smiling down at mom and dad thinking what a great job they did with you :) BTW Cache is so stinkin cute I may have to go out and get myself a border collie. Just don't tell Luna :)

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cute puppy! He looks like a busy guy, and I'm sure he is smart as a whip!
Oh yes he is busy, but so patient too! He started early learning how to wrangle the garden hose.
P1040033.JPG

and becoming quite the pro at 'go to your mat'.
20180611_155415.jpg

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a beautiful post. I'm sure Buddy and Charlie are smiling down at mom and dad thinking what a great job they did with you :) BTW Cache is so stinkin cute I may have to go out and get myself a border collie. Just don't tell Luna :)
Thank you! Yes, those two boys did a fantastic job with us, and Cache will benefit from all their wisdom that they have shared with us.

I am sure Luna would be thrilled to have a spunky best friend!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Border collies have a special place in my heart after knowing so many wonderful BCs. This is a picture of Kaizer with my trainer's BC and my other friend's golden. Samone is a love. I don't have any pictures, but I have a friend with 6 border collies - she got a puppy earlier this year and then her old man (and her first dog) ended up passing away from cancer a couple months later. Her puppy is the sweetest thing ever and her old man was such a good boy too. I have another friend who just sent home her first litter of working line border collie puppies. She kept one, a little tri girl she named Style.

Cache is very cute! As border collies tend to do, I'm sure he'll go beyond and above what you hoped for him.

Attachments

·
& Romeo's mom
732 Posts
He's adorable! Congrats

Reactions: Charliethree

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am sure he has come to teach us many things! He is so smart, and unbelievably fast for a puppy! The 'zoomies' are hilarious to watch. Watching him trying to herd the two goldens is so cute, and amazing to see, though I am sure he is thinking those are the most stubborn 'sheep' that he will ever run across.

·
Puddles
3,816 Posts
He's beautiful! I must admit I was on the fence between border collies & goldens when I got Sipsy. I just couldn't find a good breeder in this area. They are a great size and so much fun. My very 1st dog was a border collie... way back when, long before they were accepted into the AKC. I was only 12 but this was the dog that opened my life to obedience.
Enjoy your pup!

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,683 Posts
Cache is such a doll, he's going to be a handsome boy.

He sounds incredibly smart, I'm enjoying reading about his adventures and how much you are enjoying him.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Congratulations on getting Cache..he is a very handsome young man. I'm sure that Charlie and Buddy are smiling down on him and whispering advise to him about the things they know you love (little habits and quirks). I've seen that in my newest puppy and I'm sure you'll see it in yours.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations on getting Cache..he is a very handsome young man. I'm sure that Charlie and Buddy are smiling down on him and whispering advise to him about the things they know you love (little habits and quirks). I've seen that in my newest puppy and I'm sure you'll see it in yours.
Oh yes! I am seeing little things that Cache does that Charlie did, like getting that paw into the action when I am not quick enough delivering the treats, going to be fun when he finds his bark, too. His little 'sassy' ways - 'I am coming, just a sec!! ' , he is quick to learn, can see his eyes light up, the smile on his face, thoroughly enjoying it, soaking it all in. Didn't take him long to find Charlie's favorite digging spot under the picnic table and to 'dive right in' - had a blast at it.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cache had some visitors yesterday, my son and his family and their dog Wicket, a shitzu cross stopped by for a visit. Though Cache is always super excited to meet new people, meeting another dog was something new for him, and not something Wicket has a lot of experience with. Wicket was unsure, a bit 'growly' to begin with, Cache was cautious, but curious and wanted to play. It took a while for them to get 'acquainted', to feel at ease enough to play, and play they did! A game of chase around the yard, Wicket running in wide circles, Cache trying his hardest to keep up, get in front and head him off. Could hear the occasional whine from Cache in frustration but he wouldn't give it up, he just kept trying. I suspect that it won't be long before Cache is the faster one, once he gets his feet coordinated and heading in the same direction, and a 'game plan' mapped out in his head.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was joking to my hubby about teaching Cache to climb a ladder, it appears it won't be necessary as he has already figured out how to climb up onto the picnic table, so I don't suppose a ladder would be that much of a problem for him!

20180617_113859.jpg

1 - 20 of 136 Posts