Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really confused about my dog's breed,.,
I know that Roscah was a Golden Retriever But her "Ears" was making me confused,.,
I saw a lot Golden Retriever Photos, and there "Ears" Slighty Long Than Roscah,.,

Here's Roscah's Picture:

:wavey:Can you figure out roscah's breed? Thanks :)

EDITTED:
Roscah was 26inches when sitted, head to floor,
shes 25kg,
She's 1.5 yrs old
She's a gift frm my loving aunt.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
awww what a cutie!!! I love the ears!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
She is a cutie, but I would say she is mixed with something else.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Is her tail always curled over her back like in the one pic????

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
i would be surprised if she were 100% golden. I see another breed in her, can't quite put my finger on it though.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
While I do think based on the pics your dog may be mixed with another breed (especially if the tail is always curved over the back.. that's cute!!) my Sammy is purebred Golden and has the funniest ears I've ever seen on a Golden.

They started out normal (although smaller than most pics of Golden puppies I've seen) and over time just got a new fold in them that makes them permanently "perky".. and I think they're adorable. Your dog's ears are too!! :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just guessing here, but the tail makes me think akita??? Akitas also have ears like that as puppies I think, but I've seen labs with ears like that too. Maybe one of our breeders can comment....

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
Tht is one cute puppy dog. My Honey is a mix and she has shorter ears and he tail curls a little, but because of having 12" feathers on her tail (the feathers on the end of her tail hit the ground when her tail is donw it looks like she has a lot of curl to tail when she doesn't....just just that "horses mane" tail (as mynephew calls it) feathers going every direction.

And your dogs earsdo look like Sammy's (Miss Marstons ) dog.

·
16,000 Posts
Having handled many Akitas, I honestly do not see any Akita characteristics. I'd expect there to be more bone and overall body mass, and this dog is slender. Many Goldens have high set tails, and carry them "gay", as do some Collies, Labs, and even Shepherds. This dog's head and ears suggest that there may be some Collie in there somewhere. Even a Collie/Golden mix bred to a Golden.
Hard to tell for sure, but it is a cute dog.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She is a real cutie. I dont know something in the eyes remind me of a different breed just cant tell which one. I love her look and she looks like she has some spunkiness in her.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@ 3 goldens, it really looks like :)

@ Pointgold, thnx!

@ Bock, sorry my bad, (lol)

@ BeauShel, thnx!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Well first she is adorable, what a great smile!

How old is she? Where did you get her? Her feathering looks a little short but she may be young yet. She doesn't look completely golden but you can always do a doggie DNA test now, maybe that can pin it down if you truly need to know and depending on if you paid for a pure blooded golden. What is her temperment too?

v

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
She looks like golden mixed with ?
Honestly I have no idea.. sorry no help! Very cute!!!

·
16,000 Posts
Okay. Here's my final answer. (You bet I wanna be a millionaire! LOL) I think that there may be a Chow mix in the mix. Perhaps a Golden/Chow mix bred to a Golden. Someone mentioned the eyes, and they are very similar to those of a Chow or Chow mix. This would also account for the tail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts