Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 3401 Posts

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
My theory is as long as she checks out healthwise with a vet and blood work- I would feed her anything she wants as long as you keep it balanced-ish. She has earned the right to tell you what she wants to eat!

·
Registered
20,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Made several changes this morning, and it's BY FAR the best I've seen her eat in the morning for a couple of weeks.
Fed her an hour later than usual.
Elevated her bowl.
Used a different bowl (one of my soup bowls, not a dog bowl).
Gave her a different brand of canned food (pedigree!!!).
Didn't mix the canned with the kibble, just chopped it into big chunks and put it right on top of the kibble.
She happily ate 3/4 cup of kibble and 3/4 can. Licked the bowl.
Not sure which change made the difference, or a combination of all of them, but fingers crossed that it will continue to work!

·
I miss my Buddy
11,529 Posts
Great morning, more prayers and good vibes on the way for Tiny and her mom.

·
Registered
20,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
You know you're a dog person when the entire tone of your day is set by how well your dog ate, or what the poop looked like :D

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
You know you're a dog person when the entire tone of your day is set by how well your dog ate, or what the poop looked like :D
Way To Go Tiny..........you keep eating!

Oh that sounds so much like me! Glad Tiny is eating, I know doing small change works sometimes. It did with Dylan but not Frankie. ((HUGS))

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Barb

Barb: Couldn't have said it better myself!
SO GLAD that Tiny ate!!:):)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
How wonderful to hear Tiny enjoyed her breakfast and I pray it continues. I hope you get that video - would love to see it!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Made several changes this morning, and it's BY FAR the best I've seen her eat in the morning for a couple of weeks.
Fed her an hour later than usual.
Elevated her bowl.
Used a different bowl (one of my soup bowls, not a dog bowl).
Gave her a different brand of canned food (pedigree!!!).
Didn't mix the canned with the kibble, just chopped it into big chunks and put it right on top of the kibble.
She happily ate 3/4 cup of kibble and 3/4 can. Licked the bowl.
Not sure which change made the difference, or a combination of all of them, but fingers crossed that it will continue to work!
So glad your Tiny girl ate her food this morning with vigor. I know just how happy that made you :)

Just a thought, could it be the cold weather? The reason I mention is that during our blizzard 2 weeks ago we all lost power for days. My friends 13yr old Goldie had a bad time of it (not eating, lethargic) so we got them a generator that ran a oil filled electric heater and a electric blanket. Her dog bounced right back the next day. The owner froze but it's all about the dogs you know.

Needless to say the owner was scared to death. Getting the dog to vet was not a possibility. Glad my new little front wheel drive stick shift made it up her long driveway ( took a few trys) the van never would have made it.

Look foward to the video, hint hint.

·
Kristy
9,166 Posts
Thank you for sharing that she is eating better. That's nice to hear :) Good thing she can't read this thread or she would be working on how to up the ante for next week.... steak, roast or salmon for dinner? hmmmmm.... :) Good girl, Tiny!

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
You sure hit the nail on the head there...something we can all identify with! So glad to hear Tiny's appetite has returned.:)

Pete

·
Super Moderator
17,222 Posts
So glad Tiny ate well, oh how we worry! Hope she enjoys her dinner tonight.

41 - 60 of 3401 Posts