Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Golden lovers... :p:

I just got back from seeing my Lucy and when I got there they where playing outside with the grass, mine loves the grass it's funny. I read somewhere that this is not safe for puppies and now I'm worried. :no: She is 7 weeks, what do you guys have to say about this. Please let me know. Thanks! :wave:

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Mine eat it all the time and hasnt had any ill affects

·
Registered
10,476 Posts
As long as the grass is the breeder's yard and there aren't stray dogs with access to it, I wouldn't worry. It's good for them to be outside under supervision.

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
no worries...as long as the grass hasn't been fertilized or treated with weed killers. Most dogs love grass, especially puppies. Puppies also love sticks, stones, dirt, worms, bugs, pretty much everything!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no worries...as long as the grass hasn't been fertilized or treated with weed killers. Most dogs love grass, especially puppies. Puppies also love sticks, stones, dirt, worms, bugs, pretty much everything!
I know! I was taking everything out of her mouth. I do need to caml down though. I will now after you guys have made me feel much more relaxed. It's all due to the fact that I have not had a puppy for a very long time and I want everything to turn out good.

·
Registered
819 Posts
My Scarlett has a preference in grass. Don't laugh but after shes had the zoomies she goes butt wild for dead grass! its the funniest thing we've noticed about her and being in the backyard.

I dont think eating grass is at all bad. Our cats get pet grass from petsmart.

- Brandon

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
ok, now I'll make you really nervous....the worst thing you can do for your puppy is be nervous all the time! You don't want her to pick up a nervous, worried disposition because you're always concerned.
RELAX! She'll be awesome and tons of fun! Puppies are tough little critters and they survive amazing things. Just have fun with her and love her love her love her! You sound like you're already in love with her!

·
Golden Mom
25 Posts
I just got a puppy and I hadn't had one for a long time. I understand how nervous you are but the hotel4dogs is right....relax and enjoy!;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts