Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I just moved to north NC and I'm from So Cal and I was looking forward to a real winter! I agree with you!!!! (I also wanted cute "puppy in snow" pics ha)

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
It is going to be in the 60's the next couple days here. We just had tons of rain - so glad it is not snow - my kids had 9 snow days last winter.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
You guys!! Just pretend you are in the south! We celebrate Christmas very well every year without the snow and ice! Actually we had snow and ice last Christmas and not many of us were too happy about it! I'd give anything for a warm sunny Christmas and New Years Day! 70s to 80s are just fine!!

·
Kate
21,678 Posts
I think the problem today is that we are getting a boatload of rain. Which will turn to ice overnight if the temps go down. :yuck:

I'd much prefer snow to ice.

And I prefer snow to cold rain.

We've had snow since before Thanksgiving, and it's only today (40 degree temps) that people have been coming into the office complaining about the cold. You really feel the chill when it's rainy.

**** I should say, it's not allowed to snow at all until after we are all home safe on Christmas Eve. Then it can do ALL IT WANTS while we are on vacation, ending promptly after the new years ball drops. :D

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IT has been warm for here, i enjoyed that, for a long time, but it is getting near christmas, it is dark, cloudy, and i am losing my cheer, just a few inches.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
I would like just enough to cover the grass.... :) I'm really really grateful that the ground seems to be freezing...gosh the mud this "winter" has been terrible!!!

Reactions: goldensrbest

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I want snow... littermates Georgie and Mantha roll in everything, snow would fix the mess. Georgie literally looks like PigPen from Peanuts with oak leaves hanging off of every hair...and then it is all over my newly vacuumed house.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want snow... littermates Georgie and Mantha roll in everything, snow would fix the mess. Georgie literally looks like PigPen from Peanuts with oak leaves hanging off of every hair...and then it is all over my newly vacuumed house.
Same here, dirt every where, just got through mopping the floors, vacuum all the time.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
We want snow too. I always put lights and wreaths on my backyard fences so Gunner and I can go out and play in the snow and have the pretty lights. No snow, only rain as Megora has stated. WE WANT SNOW!!!!

Reactions: goldensrbest

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
I don't think it's snowing anywhere right now! I know what you mean, it's tough to be hearing all the snow related christmas songs on the radio and tomorrow it's going to be 67 here..... Having grown up on the great lakes I was used to it always being about an 80% chance of a white Christmas.... Nowhere even CLOSE to that this year, AND due to all the warm weather, Tucker blew his coat for the last 3 weeks.... ugh. Now he is a naked dog for Christmas! :(

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
When our snow starts falling, I'll send it your way! and the freezing rain that usually comes with it.

It is very warm for this time of year, 60F today.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts