Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Momma to Bodhi
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I think I may have decided on my breeder assuming everything checks out & our visit goes well. I found her through the Yankee Golden Retriever Club Breeder Referral Volunteer Program (http://tinyurl.com/yadp2rn).

We spoke on the phone for about an hour & I really loved everything I heard. It appears that the dogs have all of their clearances & she is active in the show community, which I'm happy with.

I was hoping to get a bit of feedback & see if anyone here has worked with her. Here is her website:
http://tinyurl.com/yky9o68

And the parents are Colonial's Secret Garden & Oakwinds Toe-tally Country

Iris: http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=253706
Josh: http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?id=253710

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kim

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I'm from Maine but have no knowledge of them but that doesn't mean a thing. They have a great looking facility and beautiful goldens. The clearances look great. I think you have found a good match.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I don't know about the pups but I would definitely live in that kennel :)

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
^ No kidding! I didn't click on that part of the page last time. Wow!

I think it is a very good choice. Will you be getting a puppy from their current litter? When will take home be?

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I don't have the time to poke through the site and doublecheck clearances, but I wanted to chime in that I always like to see a breeder involved in rescue, as Colonial claims to be.

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,453 Posts
I've met MaryTherese a few times, and they have a very decent reputation here. I have a male Maine golden named Tally too( their dog goes by Josh I think) , and at localish shows there's sometimes a mix up, and someone will get confused. One of their nice girls comes from a good GRF breeder as I recall.

·
Momma to Bodhi
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Maryterese.

BUT I after I contacted her I heard back from Kara at Sun Kissed Goldens & she has one male left (we want a male) YAY! I talked to her on the phone earlier in the week & I'm very excited to visit with her this Sunday. I hope it works out.

We are getting so close to having a new furry golden baby come home with us!!!

·
Momma to Bodhi
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Everyone! Kara at Sun Kissed no longer has a puppy available so we're still on the hunt! :)

We've decided not to go with Colonial Goldens. It was not the right match. Can anyone suggest a breeder in the MA/NH/ME area? I had another post going but I wanted to update this one as well for those who have already responded. Thanks again everybody!

Kim

·
Momma to Bodhi
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Casey! We're a little sad as we had thought we were close to putting a deposit on one but didn't work out. But we're excited to find him, somewhere out there! ;)

Liz, Thanks for your rec. Unfortunately Strong ME is over 4 hours from us & we were really hoping to keep it closer to 2. Thank you though!

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I sent you a PM with another kennel you can try. Where are you exactly? I didn't know, so I'm not sure if the ones I sent was too far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree, Hubbs is a fabulous looking Golden! Our Soda's mom is Flash and her dad is Logan. We live in Dartmouth Nova Scotia so we had a very long drive to pick up our puppy. We actually went on a weekend and spent a night. I certainly appreciate not wanting to travel so far but if you change your mind -- you will not regret purchasing your puppy from Kelore!

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,453 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts