Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking for a Golden breeder in Maine (New England, actually) and I came across Colonial Goldens website.

Does anyone have information about them to share? There were quite a few postings about them in 2010 I'm looking for more updated info.

Thank you,

Van

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yes, I’m local and they have a decent rep as a reputable breeder. I’ve spoken to the breeder a couple of times when I’ve provided references for puppy buyers (My boss bought one of their puppies). They tend to charge at the higher range of average and they have holistic health care requirements you should make sure you understand. They historically follow the code of ethics requirements (though of course you should always independently verify clearances when you know the exact breeding pair). IMO They are definitely worth pursuing if they are planning a breeding you are interested in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I’m local and they have a decent rep as a reputable breeder. I’ve spoken to the breeder a couple of times when I’ve provided references for puppy buyers (My boss bought one of their puppies). They tend to charge at the higher range of average and they have holistic health care requirements you should make sure you understand. They historically follow the code of ethics requirements (though of course you should always independently verify clearances when you know the exact breeding pair). IMO They are definitely worth pursuing if they are planning a breeding you are interested in.
Thank you, Lisa! I’ll do some more research but this is a great start.
Van

1 - 3 of 3 Posts