Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a few different beds for Lucy and 2 of the ones I purchased are in her crate. Pretty much what she is doing is sliding it away and sleeping on the cold part of the crate. I noticed that she loves the cold floor, cold grass, cold air from my car, cold everything! Do all goldens?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I read that they are very warm under all that fur so they seek out cooler places to sleep. Sandy used to sleep in the bathtub!! It was so cute. She also slept in a pantry that did not have a vent, it was COLD in the winter.
Chelsea sleeps on my screened in porch when it's 40, obviously she like it. :D

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
My Bama used to push his bed out of the way in his crate and sleep on the floor.

·
Banned
4,311 Posts
Brinkley has her own bed but chooses to sleep on mine and when she gets too warm which is generally about twenty minutes after she is up there, she gets off and likes the hardwood floor by the window. She loves the cold air.

·
We're ready for spring!
982 Posts
Okay, maybe mine's just weird. He like to lay down by the heat vents. There is a catch though, he only lays by them in the dining room on the hardwood floor or in my bathroom on the tiled floor. The vents are in the wall not the floor so the heated air pushes over him.

About a month ago I saw him laying down all curled up in a ball and shivering! We were outside early in the morning around 8am. It was probably about 45 degrees. So now I always worry if he's warm enough. I keep my house around 68 degrees at night. His crate is right in front of a large window that goes pretty much from ceiling to floor. The window is single paned (here in CA we rarely have storm or doubled paned windows). The crate is covered on three sides and the top with blankets and he's got a bed and a fleece blanket inside. I've never seen him push anything to the side and his crate would be big enough to do that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts