Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting question. I'm not sure actually but will certainly clear out the colon :)
I'm assuming you are speaking of spay coat?
Hi! Yes am referring to the spay coat which is looking so sad!!! I believe Omega 3 is also good. My Homeopath will phone me tomorrow and will let you know his suggestion. Thanks for responding.

·
Puddles
3,399 Posts
You have to be careful with the omega 3/fish oil. There needs to be a balance between the amino acids and have read there can be some health consequences when that gets tilted too far off.
LOL I recently asked questions about spay coat too. Is it in the bloodlines or related to the age when they were spayed. Not sure anyone is really sure. I spayed a couple around the 2 yr age and both had horrible spay coats. The darker golden showed so much more, the lighter one looked like she is wearing lambskin chaps. The girl that was spayed at 3 did not have spay coat at all. Of course they are all different bloodlines so is it breeding? or age? My current pup will be 2 this summer and know her grandma has bad spay coat so going to wait another year, just in case it's age related :) Groomers might have a good response on how to handle it, I just use leave in cream rinse and blow out anything that's loose. Hope you will post if you figure this out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Thanks for the note. It may well be blood lines as my previous Golden never got a spray coat at all! I am waiting for the Homeopath to call back and see what he suggests. The ideal would be almost a conditioner onto the coat that nourishes it! Will post when I get some news. Thanks for the chat!
You have to be careful with the omega 3/fish oil. There needs to be a balance between the amino acids and have read there can be some health consequences when that gets tilted too far off.
LOL I recently asked questions about spay coat too. Is it in the bloodlines or related to the age when they were spayed. Not sure anyone is really sure. I spayed a couple around the 2 yr age and both had horrible spay coats. The darker golden showed so much more, the lighter one looked like she is wearing lambskin chaps. The girl that was spayed at 3 did not have spay coat at all. Of course they are all different bloodlines so is it breeding? or age? My current pup will be 2 this summer and know her grandma has bad spay coat so going to wait another year, just in case it's age related :) Groomers might have a good response on how to handle it, I just use leave in cream rinse and blow out anything that's loose. Hope you will post if you figure this out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts