Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Makin' brownies today, put 4 blocks (1 oz. each) of unsweetened baker's cocoa on the counter..... Younger son called for me, and when I turned around - BOOM! Joy had one in her mouth!!!!! I got it out immediately, but she had definitely swallowed the crumbled corners. I went right to the computer where I discovered that less than 1/8 oz. is CERTAINLY not toxic to a 50 pound dog. However, my heart just flip-flopped when I saw her with a bar of BAKING chocolate in her mouth!!!!! :doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
They are fast and determined sometimes. My sheltie ate a bowl of Hershey Kisses, foil and all. We didn't know until she got sick at 2 am. Chocolate vomit and chocolate diarrhea. Afterwards I found out just how toxic it could be to dogs. Shannon was one lucky little dog and we never left chocolate out after that. But boy - they can be quick sometimes!

Glad you got it and she is ok.
 

·
New Mommy
Joined
·
6,139 Posts
Very scary, glad she is OK !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,252 Posts
Thank goodness you were able to catch her grabbing it.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top