Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I have some cheese with my whine! :eek:

Just got back from shopping for tops. I HATE shopping for tops. I can never find any that fit. I am a WEIRD body type. All the weight I have gained is between my hips and my shoulders. But from riding for a bazillion years, I have large shoulders and large biceps. Now being older... they are not as "firm" as they once were. I would LOVE to rid my waist, but that is a commitment I can't make to myself. I say I will, but I don't. It's my shoulders, and arms that really irk me.

Today I went to higher end stores because their clothes are usually tailored better. I used to be an 8 Petite, but I ended up with a 12 regular, just to fit my shoulders and my arms. :mad:

I am again thinking "I need to lose weight" but it won't help my issue, just make what I do have to buy look worse because it will fit me everywhere else like a house.

So I am whining, wondering if there is a store for my body type. I LOVE sweaters but I can only wear the big, loose type. Anything else look like garbage. I am just so frustrated. I don't think I have bought tops in years, and this is why. Needless to say the stuff in my closet looks pretty sad.

I did buy two blouses, they are extremely long in the sleeves to fit me everywhere else. I guess they will go to the tailor and see if he can fix the sleeves. I love to pay money for altering clothes..... NOT!

Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
18,413 Posts
If the sizes would work for you, Catherines has clothing for all "shapes", but it is a woman's size store.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woman's would probably be too big. I am technically a petite.

One sweater I really liked was a large and just too small in the arms/shoulders. I asked if they had an extra large petite, if they had that size. :curtain: If they did I would have tried it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I hate shopping.. Hate it! I always end up getting frustrated or discouraged. All of my clothes in my closet are at least a few years old, and the only items I replace are t-shirts that I know will fit no matter what. I love clothes but I just cant stand taking the time to dig thru racks to find the right size, then try it on, then plan a whole outfit around it. I would be just fine if we all went back to loincloths and never had to worry about what the heck to wear each day!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have similar problems with pants. My waist is fairly small, and I have no butt, but my legs are large. Mostly muscle, but not entirely. I end up with pants that are huge in order to accomodate thighs and calves. One reason I began running is I hope to get runner legs instead of hiker legs.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
I'm tall and won't wear anywhere near your size, but I buy a lot of my clothes from Talbots, which has women's petites (not petite, but the petite plus sizes) down to 12WP. The cut is different for various "slopers," or body types, each of which has a name - Kate, Jackie, etc. You might need to try a few different named cuts to find the right one for you.

Good luck!

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
That's so frustrating! Buying jeans is painful for me. Riding has bulked up my thighs but any jeans that aren't tight in the thighs are HUGE in the waist for me. Jeans that fit my waist are obscenely tight in the thighs...if I can even get the jeans over them!

What worked for me is trying different stores until I find a brand that works. Case in point, Tommy H tops are way too tight in the sleeves for me (even if the rest fits) and I have average arms so I don't even bother trying them on. Same with Smart Set clothes. Tight sleeves, baggy body shape.

Keep looking, maybe try stores that you don't usually go in and hopefully you'll find something. When I was having problems with jeans, my friend forced me into GAP, Buffalo, and Guess stores...stores I'd NEVER bought jeans from before. And voila! I found cuts that fit! So I guess what I'm saying is don't keep going back to the same stores that carry the same brands you know don't work for you. Branch out and try on new designers or new styles. Hopefully you'll find some!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts