Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have any experience with a dog on Clomicalm? Did it/does it really help? And, how quickly?

Sara has had a huge change in her behavior in the last 7 weeks (you can read those crazy posts in the behavior section) and one week ago the vet prescribed Clomicalm (and to continue working on her obedience and issues).

She has not had ONE incident at all this past week! Not so much as a growl at Scout, no escaping, no pottying, no destroying anything....and it certainly was becoming an 'every day' or an 'every other day' kind of thing.

It is the strangest thing. I am very pleased (and yes, I know it is only a week) but I am also wondering how you know if it is the medicine or not or the training...or both. Does a lack of any negative behaviors on her part mean that it is working....or that nothing particular has happened in this past week to trigger her?

I'm not complaining...but I am baffled that she could do another 180 in just a week's time.

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
I have used it with one of my dogs and quit, due to not being able to get the dosage right...When I stopped it , I went gun hoe with the training which made a big difference.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It might be a combination of the training and the clomicalm. Hopefully one day you might be able to take her off the meds and continue with the training.

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
I think it sounds like things are going quite well, keep up the good work !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts