Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UH OH... I think we are gonna have big trouble here LOL.
Layla turned 12 weeks yesterday, she has been scaling the xpen for a couple of weeks but only gets her belly up top, she is afraid of the drop down. Ahhh, but yesterday she figured out how to open the door latch, I knew she was part velociraptor. She works the bottom part of the latch with her paws until it lifts up. She has also learned that if she steps on the bottom of the garbage can the lid pops open, I caught her running through the house with one of those little silica gel packets (she did not eat any thank God). By far she is the most challenging pup I have ever had, she is vicious if you catch her doing something she is not supposed to, and remove her. We can already see she will be a counter surfer, she just isn't tall enough yet, but she is trying. She is the sweetest thing in the world when she first wakes up though, such an angel.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It is fun to watch and see how they learn at that age. She sounds like a clever but completely normal golden puppy to me. She will grow out of most of the bad things by the time she is three. :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I figure about 3 or 4 LOL. Aiyana was just a really easy pup, and a great dog from day one, sure she got into some stuff as a pup, but I think she was a bit slower moving or maybe I was just younger then.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Cracks me up with all the antics. Down the road you will look back and smile. Bama was very rambuncious like that but never counter surfed. Ops i might have jinxed myself.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
LOL when I read the title of this thread I immediately thought of Jurassic Park!! Have fun with your little raptor... she'll definitely keep you on your toes!!

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Oh boy, another counter surfer! Time to start looking for another spot to put the butter dish.

UH OH... I think we are gonna have big trouble here LOL.
....... We can already see she will be a counter surfer, she just isn't tall enough yet, but she is trying. She is the sweetest thing in the world when she first wakes up though, such an angel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts