Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm sure some of you have seen my posts about Northwest Goldens- how I was worried about the breeder not responding to my e-mails and calls, and that I was frustrated because I didn't know what was going on.

I was contacted today by my breeder- apparently numerous calls got to her telling her about how I was making a bad reputation for her and concerned that I may not be a good candidate for a puppy.

I'd like to clear things up- I talked a long time on the phone with Judy today and I'm extremely glad she contacted me. She told me that if I was not comfortable receiving a puppy from her or this breeding, she would absolutely make sure I got my deposit back because she didn't want me to feel uncomfortable. She wanted the best life for the puppy, and if I felt this wasn't right, then she would be sure to set things straight. She told me that initially, there were no e-mails because the pups were still growing and there really wasn't much to update on other than the fact that they were still doing well. She was confused to where these calls were coming from, and she wanted to clear things up.

I didn't make those forum posts to tarnish her reputation at all. This is my first time dealing with a breeder- any breeder, and I was extremely confused. I was wondering if my experience was similar to others, and wondering if I actually had a reason to be worried. Being young and used to today's technology, when I did not receive fast responses, I panicked and went to the forum for advice. I was not trying to ruin anyone's reputation, nor was I trying to make things a big deal. I was, plain and simple, lost and confused. I was posting because I trust the people on this forum (who have had oodles more experience than me) to let me know what was going on- and of course, everybody was completely right! Judy was busy with the puppies, like you guys said, and she wasn't ignoring me or anything :).

I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way to anybody. I honestly felt perplexed as to why my character was in question when I was only reaching out for advice, but on my part, I probably could have used different wording. Obviously they did not convey the right message and I'm very sorry for that.

Judy really is a nice lady- no hard feelings were had, and I'm very glad she contacted me to talk it out before coming to any decisions. In fact, I actually am pretty glad someone contacted her about this. The conversation made me feel better as well... she had no idea this forum existed, all she heard was I was posting her information and my dissatisfaction somewhere, so of course it needed to be cleared up. The thread I originally made was old, and I'm worried that people wouldn't read it and I wouldn't be able to clear anything up, so I made a new post... I really did not intend any harm, and honestly on the phone, I started to cry because it was such a huge misunderstanding.

In the future, if anybody is confused about the meaning of my posts, please please pleeaaase message me, reply to me... talk to me! I don't bite, and I'm always willing to clarify myself. I really don't want this to happen again- feelings were hurt on both ends! :( I may not be the best at articulating myself, but I assure you that I would never go around trying to tarnish reputations. I sat down for a long time as I was writing to think about what I really wanted to say. I cried. A lot. I feel guilty that this misunderstanding happened, and I would like to try my best never to have this happen again.

Oh, and by the way, she told me I was going to get a girl puppy. I think I've already picked a name for her - Nana. I'm so excited... They're all extreeeeeemely cute! She said she was sending more pictures my way, too, and this time I'm posting them with her permission.

·
Finley and Banshee's Mom
1,414 Posts
Congratulations on your puppy, and what a cute name! Looking forward to the pictures!:wave:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on your puppy, and what a cute name! Looking forward to the pictures!:wave:
It'll be 3 more weeks til I get her, but thanks! : ) I'm definitely taking a gazillion pictures of her once she's here. I'm driving 10 hours! Litter pictures, on the road pictures, settling in pictures... you guys will be so sick of me and my pictures.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Don't feel bad.. misunderstandings occur all the time and it's not your fault or the other person's. Like you, I always expect a speedy response to my emails. With smart phones and tablets, we can answer emails as soon as we receive them. Sometimes, I have to realize that not everyone is that quick with responses.

I'm glad you got everything sorted out. I didn't think you were trying to tarnish anyone's reputation; you were genuinely worried and wondering. Plus, you mentioned a few times that she's the president of the Pacific Rim Golden Retriever Club :)

Can't wait to see pics of your puppy! I expect you to use your smart phone to post up the pics immediately when you pick her up. Just kidding :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you were not being an ULTRA good pet parent, you wouldn't have worried. I would cut yourself a break, be grateful for the excellent breeder you found, and prepare for the love of your life to be there with you soon. I also can't wait for pics! Congrats!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm so glad that you heard you are getting a girl and that everything was sorted out. I had read your previous posts and just read them again. I don't see how anyone would think you were purposely trying to tarnish a breeder. It's clear that you were worried/ concerned and looking for advice. I can't believe people were calling and telling her that. I've seen how quickly members call new members out who are here to bad mouth breeders and no one made any of those responses on your threads. People shouldn't have to be afraid to ask for simple advice because it might get back to the breeder who might then not want to give (sell) you a puppy. I'm sorry this happened and glad things seemed to have worked out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't wait to see pics of your puppy! I expect you to use your smart phone to post up the pics immediately when you pick her up. Just kidding :D
Oh I most definitely will. I even went to scavenge for my actual camera. It's a point and shoot, buuut better than my 3gs with a broken screen :p! I'm getting a new phone soon, and hopefully it will come equipped with a better camera. My phone's current filled with pictures of my cat.. hopefully now will be with dogs and cats! :D

People shouldn't have to be afraid to ask for simple advice because it might get back to the breeder who might then not want to give (sell) you a puppy.
Thank you so much for saying that. I'm glad that my post wasn't misunderstood by everyone... and yes! This forum has me equipped me with indispensable advice and I'm very thankful to have found this place. What happened was unfortunate but I'm glad I can clear things up!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think I do remember one of those threads, unless I may have gotten that confused with someone else. I myself am I bit funny about asking breeder advive on here in case not only problems arise, but I'm a little bit worried the breeders themselves might be here (even though I'm in Australia) and don't want to be named or being asked about. Not because I've had any concerns, but just to protect privacy. Plus, from what I've spoken with to the breeder of a new puppy I'm looking into purchasing soon, things done in the US, and here, are slightly different so I'm always careful that things aren't being misunderstood.

I'm so glad you're getting a new girl! Congratulations. I don't think anyone asking for opinions from those who have a bit more experience hurts, but it must have been awful for a few people to have got misconstrued and wires were crossed in one of the worst ways and didn't think to ask or approach you first. I'm beyond glad things were sorted! Even though, I'm young. I am a TERRIBLE replier when it comes to e-mails, call backs, re-schedules, and even text messages. I'm more of the instant, face-to-face get everything done one-on-one person. Some people may think me anti-social for it, but sometimes it's just shyness, nerves or simple distraction and forgetfulness.

I can't wait to see pictures of your new Nana! What a beautiful name too. My parents known to Ori and Jasmine as Nana and Papa, so I can certainly tell you they would approve of such a choice name! :)

·
Kristy
10,080 Posts
I'm glad you're feeling better and have a clear line of communication going with your breeder. I'll be honest, I read through the thread that I'm assuming you're talking about and I don't think you need to be beating yourself up. One of the most important things I want from a breeder is support and a reasonable level of communication. I understand that most serious dog folks are crazy busy, but I do expect follow through so that I know if I ever have a serious concern with my dog I have some reassurance that they will be fairly easy to reach.

I'm glad you've cleared things up, but unless I've missed an entire thread somehow, this wasn't an unreasonable response from you. I hope you're excited getting geared up for your new baby!!!! Have fun!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for reading and responding. It makes me feel much better that you guys feel like I wasn't unreasonable, and I am glad that I was not totally out of line.

I wish the people who contacted the breeder would please contact me so that I could smooth things over and explain myself, and I may ask her to pass that message along to them. It would be helpful to hear their point of views, and I feel extremely uneasy knowing that someone's impression of me is bad when I never had malicious intents- especially someone who has one of my puppy's littermates! These are the people I want to be in contact with, not enemies with, and I really hope that once we talk it through we can talk about puppy things together!

And yeeeeesss. I've been scouring Etsy for cute hand stamped id tags for her and looking up beds. I want to make so many handmade toys for her... but I need to steal/borrow/rescue my mother's sewing machine haha

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Just a suggestion, though I don't remember the thread, you may want to add something to the end of your previous thread to let other know how well it worked out. If someone were to google that breeder, that thread would come up and it might look bad for the breeder (not sure, since I don't remember it).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The end of my previous post ended with me saying that she got back to me. I didn't leave anyone hanging, don't worry!

Honestly though, the only way you would know which breeder I was getting the puppy from was to search my post/thread history or keep good track of me. Whenever I made a post about being worried, I never mentioned her name. :/ The only time I mentioned the name of the breeder/website was before I made the deposit to ask if anyone else had had experience with her.

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Hi guys, I'm sure some of you have seen my posts about Northwest Goldens- how I was worried about the breeder not responding to my e-mails and calls, and that I was frustrated because I didn't know what was going on.

I was contacted today by my breeder- apparently numerous calls got to her telling her about how I was making a bad reputation for her and concerned that I may not be a good candidate for a puppy.

I'd like to clear things up- I talked a long time on the phone with Judy today and I'm extremely glad she contacted me. She told me that if I was not comfortable receiving a puppy from her or this breeding, she would absolutely make sure I got my deposit back because she didn't want me to feel uncomfortable. She wanted the best life for the puppy, and if I felt this wasn't right, then she would be sure to set things straight. She told me that initially, there were no e-mails because the pups were still growing and there really wasn't much to update on other than the fact that they were still doing well. She was confused to where these calls were coming from, and she wanted to clear things up.

I didn't make those forum posts to tarnish her reputation at all. This is my first time dealing with a breeder- any breeder, and I was extremely confused. I was wondering if my experience was similar to others, and wondering if I actually had a reason to be worried. Being young and used to today's technology, when I did not receive fast responses, I panicked and went to the forum for advice. I was not trying to ruin anyone's reputation, nor was I trying to make things a big deal. I was, plain and simple, lost and confused. I was posting because I trust the people on this forum (who have had oodles more experience than me) to let me know what was going on- and of course, everybody was completely right! Judy was busy with the puppies, like you guys said, and she wasn't ignoring me or anything :).

I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way to anybody. I honestly felt perplexed as to why my character was in question when I was only reaching out for advice, but on my part, I probably could have used different wording. Obviously they did not convey the right message and I'm very sorry for that.

Judy really is a nice lady- no hard feelings were had, and I'm very glad she contacted me to talk it out before coming to any decisions. In fact, I actually am pretty glad someone contacted her about this. The conversation made me feel better as well... she had no idea this forum existed, all she heard was I was posting her information and my dissatisfaction somewhere, so of course it needed to be cleared up. The thread I originally made was old, and I'm worried that people wouldn't read it and I wouldn't be able to clear anything up, so I made a new post... I really did not intend any harm, and honestly on the phone, I started to cry because it was such a huge misunderstanding.

In the future, if anybody is confused about the meaning of my posts, please please pleeaaase message me, reply to me... talk to me! I don't bite, and I'm always willing to clarify myself. I really don't want this to happen again- feelings were hurt on both ends! :( I may not be the best at articulating myself, but I assure you that I would never go around trying to tarnish reputations. I sat down for a long time as I was writing to think about what I really wanted to say. I cried. A lot. I feel guilty that this misunderstanding happened, and I would like to try my best never to have this happen again.

Oh, and by the way, she told me I was going to get a girl puppy. I think I've already picked a name for her - Nana. I'm so excited... They're all extreeeeeemely cute! She said she was sending more pictures my way, too, and this time I'm posting them with her permission.
You are not alone. You are in good company. I've committed plenty of social faux paus in my time, enough to fill a book!:bowrofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts