Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use to clean your floors? I used to use bleach water until I got Dakota. Now I have just use hot water, but my floor needs a good cleaning. What is safe or good to use? TIA

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We just had all new cherry laminate installed in our house (the regular wood scratched way too easily with the animals) and I use vinegar and hot water. It does an excellent job. It disinfects, dries fast, and makes them shine. I also use it on the ceramic tile in our entry way and bathroom.

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Bleach is fine as long as it dries before Dakota walks on it. Like others have said, vinegar and water works good too!

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
I use some Lysol/Mr Clean/Vim for ceramic floors and always use a good splash of Bleach.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I've always used Mr. Clean then of course let it dry well. Never had any problems with the dogs over the years.

·
Registered
13,732 Posts
I use vinegar and water for most cleaning, with my steam cleaner about twice a month for the ceramic floors, area rugs, appliances, bathrooms etc to get them truly clean.

I will also occassionaly use Dr Bronner's pure castile soap on the ceramic floors for a quick cleaning.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I've been trying out some natural cleansers and love the way they make the house smell. Today I cleaned the floors with a little of the Dr Bronners castile soap in hot water. I found a recipe on the internet for a bathroom cleanser that uses the castile soap, baking soda, vinegar and water, makes a soft scrub consistency and a little tea leaf oil disenfects. They're also good on the septic and you don't have to worry if the dogs decide to try and sneak a drink from a toilet bowl on the sly. Here's a site I came across today that has some do it yourself concoctions......http://www.sheknows.com/articles/804150.htm

·
Registered
532 Posts
I use the Shark floor steam cleaner. It's safe for hardwood floors, cleans like a dream and dries in under a minute. I don't have to use any chemicals at all. The pads can be cleaned in the washer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts