Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these Cabela's leather hunting boots, worn 3x, stained with duck blood. Looking for suggestions on cleaning them.

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,910 Posts
Thanks to Google, I found this info-

Follow these steps to remove blood stains from leather or suede:
Mix a solution of mild soap in lukewarm water.
Swish to create a great volume of suds.
Apply only the foam with a sponge and gently rub the stained area, taking care not to spread the stain.
Wipe dry with a clean soft cloth.

I have to agree with LynnC, Peroxide does a great job on blood stains but as she said, test a small area first.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Magic eraser. Find them in the cleaning isle of the grocery store. They look like white sponges. They work great on leather. At a hunt test one day I had Hunter in the front seat. He got bitten up by mosquitoes and his blood was all over the leather seat of my SUV (Poor Dog!). I use a magic eraser and a little water, and it took the blood right off. I guess that's why the call them magic!

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,423 Posts
Magic eraser. Find them in the cleaning isle of the grocery store. They look like white sponges. They work great on leather. At a hunt test one day I had Hunter in the front seat. He got bitten up by mosquitoes and his blood was all over the leather seat of my SUV (Poor Dog!). I use a magic eraser and a little water, and it took the blood right off. I guess that's why the call them magic!
Thanks for the great idea. Never would I have thought to use a magic eraser!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts