Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We steam cleaned the living room carpet...it stayed clean and fresh for exactly 21 hours until then Lexi decided to puke...why oh why do we have carpet at all?

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
That hurts. I feel your pain. I wash the floors every single day, and in two hours I wish I hadnt bothered, lol.

·
Registered
21,106 Posts
we have ceramic tile throughout the whole house, except the master bedroom. It's golden retriever colored tile.
We designed the house around our dogs!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Carpet--gotta love it! Have you used the club soda clean-up method? Blot (don't rub) the "spill" with white paper towel. Pour on club soda, just enough to dampen. Put on a layer of several white paper towels, then cover that with newspaper. Stand on it for about a minute, then remove. Repeat if necessary. This has worked for spaghetti sauce, coca cola, and yes-- dog vomit! Hope Lexi is better.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we have ceramic tile throughout the whole house, except the master bedroom. It's golden retriever colored tile.
We designed the house around our dogs!
I love this idea....!

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
I took out the carpet in all the rooms except the bedrooms and installed porcelein tile. Mine is dirt colored. The girls love sleeping on the cool tile and it sure is easier to keep clean! When it is muddy outside, I don't worry - just close the bedroom doors!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I used to steam clean the carpets a couple of times a year and was constantly spot cleaning(my dogs always prefered the comfy feel off carpet under their toes while puking...yuck!). We decided to change out our carpets and went with hardwood throughout the whole main floor. I use big braided rugs to bring back the warmth carpet gives. I send them off to the dry cleaner a couple of times a year. They are very durable and the pattern hides many stains from pop spills compliments of a big ole tail swipe cleaning off the coffee table to puppy puke etc.. :D The only problem now is scatch marks on the floor...I figure if we ever sell the house we can sand them down and refinish again

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I ripped out the last of the wall to wall last August. Hardwood floors everywhere the vacuum doesn't work as hard to pick it up and "thank god" for swifters. I use all the products and they are a godsend. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts