Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I think though that the stink was so big that it forever colored how people see handlers who are also breeders. I just the other day heard someone recounting the story of this dog. DK why people fight.
Though to be fair, the discussion also touched on Jag, and the handler who claimed he'd run away, and the whippet who supposedly ran off in NY ... but in the case of Diva and Jag, both handlers lost in court.

·
Kate
20,434 Posts
I think though that the stink was so big that it forever colored how people see handlers who are also breeders. I just the other day heard someone recounting the story of this dog. DK why people fight.
I actually was stricken harder when a van full of goldens died outside a hotel. That was a handler which many people liked and felt she took good care of the dogs in her care. When that happened, I think it left a lot of us too scared and sick to consider sending our dogs out with somebody who you know will have the dogs sleeping outside in a vehicle. It's been 2-3 years now and I still feel sick thinking about it when I walk past the vans and trucks parked at dog show hotels.

The thing with Diva - it honestly sounded more like a very bitter and nasty co-owner fight to me. A lot of mudslinging.

·
the party's crashing us
4,172 Posts
Claircrest folks were at the Oklahoma shows this weekend (with some really nice dogs) so my guess is they're still breeding.

·
Puddles
3,087 Posts
It was a nice pup but why would anyone go to such extremes to keep a puppy, especially after a court ruling? I feel like there is something missing in this story but what a horrible situation for all involved. Missing info or not, why would anyone want to do business with this place?

Megora I'm reminded of this story every time I see an unattended RV at a show... it's haunting. I can't imagine having to call those owners to explain what happened to all those dogs. This would put me in handler retirement and therapy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. What a story. I wish people would be as kind and generous as the dogs are. Thanks for the info. I like to look at show results on the superintendent web sites and I just hadn't seen Claircrest dogs being shown lately.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I saw her last at the 2018 national with their dogs left unattended on the grooming tables for a few minutes while they had a dog in the ring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts