Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For his first birthday (hard to believe these guys are a year old and that it has now been a year since my unplanned bypass surgery!), Cider got to go hunting!

His parents are very proud of him-he flushed 3 birds, they shot 2 and he retrieved both to hand. He stayed within range and followed their hand signals very well.

This has been a fun litter, and this family is a breeder's dream!

Attachments

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Wow - beautiful dog and lovely birds too :) Congratulations

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) My friend Lori did the temperament testing on the litter and actually picked this guy out for them right from the start. He is a fun dog and he landed in a really neat home.

I know I don't breed dogs that can compete in field trials or even hunt tests, but to see this guy out there hunting with his family is still a thrill for me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I love hunting goldens! And the lighter ones are even more rare, as most performance field goldens are redheads.

Outstanding! I'm so proud of the dog and happy for the family and breeder. Congrats.

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
That is awesome! What a wonderful life he's acquired. Lucky boy. He's gorgeous to boot!

·
Registered
223 Posts
How cool is that!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
That is sooo cool. What great pictures and what a great family. I can imagine how happy you are!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wow, that's just fantastic! Loved the photos, thanks for sharing them!

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
This pup looks beyond happy with his job and his family!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
It looks to me like your puppies could do field work. The pictures you attached show one of your kids in a field and working to retrieve birds. Not a whole lot more is needed to get the Junior Hunter title. Might be worth a try!

Great pictures, he looks so happy!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
It looks to me like your puppies could do field work. The pictures you attached show one of your kids in a field and working to retrieve birds. Not a whole lot more is needed to get the Junior Hunter title. Might be worth a try!

Great pictures, he looks so happy!
I was thinking the same thing! :p:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Awesome pictures - and a VERY cute dog. Wow!

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, guys. I know they are enjoying the heck out of doing all sorts of stuff with Cider, and he sure likes playing whatever game they want him to :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts