Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I haven't been on the forum for a year now. It has changed.

Anyways, I figured while I was here to send my condolences to Towhee's mom, I would do a very brief update of Chumlee's thread.

🎂🧡 Chumlee turned 15 years old this week and celebrated with a steak dinner, a new toy and a walk at his favorite place.

He is still doing relatively well. Lately he has begun experiencing some age-related aches and pains, some weakness in his rear legs, eyes not as sharp as they used to be, etc.

In case any Senior owners look here for advice on helping their seniors I will share that the things that help Chum the most are supplements. He gets a great quality fish oil on his food every day for joints and mobility. I also give him a Cosequin chew daily, and I have found some wonderful food-based vitamin supplements for him that he devours (I'm not sure if it's ok to name the product so I won't). The product I found that has helped his rear leg weakness is called Duralactin. It's a natural supplement to help with inflammatory issues like arthritis. I'm pretty sure I read about it on this forum ages ago.

He still begs for treats and has a typical Golden Retriever bottomless pit appetite. He's still amazing and I'm so grateful to still have him in my life.

I guess that's it. Chumlee and I wish everyone the very best.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm so happy Chumlee is still doing well and enjoying life! I give my 3 year old boy fish oil, Dasuquin and also a duralactin once in a while. Please mention the vitamin supplements you give Chumlee. I'm hoping to have that info to help my boy as he ages. I don't think it's against the rules (as long as you don't supply a link?) Also, a big Happy Birthday, Chumlee!!!

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,184 Posts
Happy 15th Birthday to Chumlee-that's fantastic!

You can recommend products, include a link if you wish as long as the products aren't anything you're selling or gaining any type of financial gain from.

The Old Golds are very special, my first boy lived to be 15.5.
Enjoy this time with Chumlee.

Nice to see you again.

·
Registered
17,470 Posts
Happy 15th Birthday Gorgeous Chumlee, I hope you had the best day!

I'm so glad to see you and your mum here again, hugs and cyber socks flying over! xxx

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
The vitamin I give to Chum is from Earth Animal. It's an all-natural, food-sourced supplement for all ages. He has taken them for over a year now. Also my niece's lab mix was having lots of allergy issues and other skin and ear troubles and shortly after he started taking them, things improved tremendously.

The website gives detailed information about what it contains and the purpose.

The other Earth Animal product I give Chum occasionally is called Zen Tabs. Calming for restless nights and seems to soothe minor aches and pains.

It's nice to see everyone. Even though I rarely post anymore, I still check in once in a while.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
The vitamin I give to Chum is from Earth Animal. It's an all-natural, food-sourced supplement for all ages. He has taken them for over a year now. Also my niece's lab mix was having lots of allergy issues and other skin and ear troubles and shortly after he started taking them, things improved tremendously.

The website gives detailed information about what it contains and the purpose.

The other Earth Animal product I give Chum occasionally is called Zen Tabs. Calming for restless nights and seems to soothe minor aches and pains.

It's nice to see everyone. Even though I rarely post anymore, I still check in once in a while.
Thanks for the info. I hope sweet Chumlee is having a great Birthday!

81 - 89 of 89 Posts